Is Your Tinnitus High or Low-Frequency? What Was the Cause?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Louise77, Feb 27, 2016.

1. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      Below 8k is not 'lower' . Try having tones below 100hz. It's whole different kind of torture when your head is really full and feels like having a bass box near your ears. I can only agree with Ben since I have both extremely low frequency tones but also several ones above 6k. Don't really care for the high ones.
      Low frequency oscillating drone t is just extremely exhausting.
      Not saying people don't suffer from high t. Just wanted to point out what low means.

2. Jensmiles
      Studious

Jensmiles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So, how do you measure which khz are the problem? Did the doctors do a test? Or did you just figure it out with an app or something?

3. smel

smel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1994
      My T has almost always been 2 things... a high pitched tone around 10kHz and a hissing that accompanies it. If you take a tea kettle and make the frequency a lot higher, that's kind of what mine sounds like. I started doing notch therapy (for the second time) about a week ago and when I checked my frequency it was the same as it was a few years ago when I first checked, so I'm pretty sure I'm close to detecting the "real" frequency. My hearing starts really cutting off a little over 13k.

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Mine is mostlyhigh pitched mix of about 8khz to 17khz maybe, all of this hearing disappeared almost completely over a few weeks due to barotrauma and meds. I also have a couple of low pitched sounds including a howl that does not have any effect on me. The ultra high pitched sounds hurt me, they feel like they are cutting through my brain and ears like a laser, I mean my brain is squeaking at a pitch so intense that I did not think a sound like this existed, there's no masking for this. I'm crippled by the squeaking and scratching in the high high frequencies, the lower solid tones are just really annoying but im ok with them, I can mask them by just going out or watching TV. All I want is the extremely high pitched shit to go away, the rest I can deal with. The lower pitches sound like things that I have heard in my life, the other is something from hell. I feel like the high shit could shatter glass of it were a real sound, it's fucking painful.

5. John G

John G Member

@Telis then to top it off, we get to hear the socalled experts saying it's just a harmless noise

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      True, the doctors here know bullshit! Neither do they offer any possible help. They look at you like a lame goat and tell you gotta live with it, and this is going to be a mind over matter bla ba bla....in my next birth, I am gonna be in China...and oh, I hope I do not get T! haa haa haa....