ISO Quiet Times

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bonnie, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1955
      Hello,
      I just joined the forum. I am 62. I've had some degree of tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I've always been told there's nothing that can be done about it. It's always there--sometimes I feel the continual sound will just make me crazy.

My tinnitus is getting worse, and I'm hoping to find information that will help me find a way to finally get some peace and quiet.

Bonnie

2. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hey @Bonnie! Welcome to TinnitusTalk - I'm glad you found us :)

I can't say that in my (much shorter than yours) experience with tinnitus that I've found much that made the sound itself quieter (with the exception of HBO and klonopin early on for very brief spans of time). The real "cure" for me has been in changing the way I react to it. That said, I bet you have more advice for me on how to do that than I could have for you.

Cheers to you and I look forward to seeing you around and hearing your thoughts!

3. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      :welcomesignanimation: Bonnie!! Glad you found us here at TT!! Great people, sound advice, and lotsa support!! Take some time to search around the many threads running on TT. T manifests and affects people in so many different ways, and treatment/therapy effectiveness vary greatly from person to person. It will take some trial and error, but you will find some relief!! (y)

Stay connected here on TT, keep living your life, and GET YOUR SLEEP!!!:headphone:

Best to you!!!