It does get better!

Discussion in 'Support' started by tandpiano, May 5, 2014.

1. tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      2-spring-music.jpg

It has been a while since I have posted on here. I guess life is kind of back to normal and my T is has not been the center of my world. I am so very much thankful for that. Most of the day I don't even notice the T. I had a dear friend who is a counselor ask me on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad has the T been. I told him a 1 during the day and about a 4 or 5 at night. If he would have asked me that back in February I would have said a 10 off the charts and over the moon and back. Now I can get through my days and enjoy life for the most part.

This morning I was spending time with the LORD, reading and studying in the book of John. There was no T.V. or radio on and as I read God's Word and meditated I was thankful that I could sit in the silence and concentrate. The T was still there.. buzzing in the background.... and if I sat and focused my attention on my T for too long.... it would have found it's place in the for front of my mind.

God is good and He is so faithful! He loves me so tenderly and does not leave me in my madness with my T. He has helped me and given me peace in the storm. I still pray every single day that God would deliver me from this ever present ringing in my head.. which leads me immediately to pray for a dear sister in the LORD who has lung cancer and has decided not to seek any more treatment.. after it's return after being in remission for over a year.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
      John 16:33

I love God's Word and how it comforts my soul! I love Him! I need Him! Not because I have T but because He is my life.

I have been taking piano lessons for 3 years and recently I had my piano recital. I am thankful that I can practice Piano and enjoy music again. Please know that you may be suffering in your T to the point that you think you will not make it one more day! But.. you will! Time is your friend! In time hopefully your T will find it's place in the background of your mind. I still run a fan at night.. I still find myself telling my husband on some occasions that my head is really buzzing tonight... but I know this is part of my life now and I am becoming almost use to the T being there. From one T suffer to another. Living for things unseen~ Tammy

• Like Like x 9
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I totally agree with you, tandpiano. It does get better and the loving God will not forsake us in our sufferings. May we learn patience and look beyond the current suffering. T may still ring but sooner or later its tyranny of us will be over. I didn't believe this a few years ago, but now I know it is possible.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Nathaniel Teposo
      Anime

Nathaniel Teposo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 1, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma
      I love your post :) thanks a lot.

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR