It Will Get Better!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Nicola8478, May 7, 2019.

1. Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      I just quickly wanted to say it will get better. I went to the lowest point. Took two overdoses. Was in a mental health hospital for 6 weeks. But I made it.

I still have my moments but I go to the movies again. I go to concerts again.

And just saying I had the worst hyperacusis and it has gotten better.

I still wear ear plugs to be on the safe side.

I won't go on. I just wanted to let you know it will get better truly. Just keep fighting x

• Like x 8
      • Hug x 4
      • Agree x 2
      • Winner x 2
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. PaulFi

PaulFi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Medication
      Well done Nicola, so happy for you. I've read your story and it's seems almost identical to mine. I had tinnitus for years too but then got much worse just before Christmas and then H set in in march and heartbeat in ears. Started from AD medication too and like u were I am in a bind whether to stay on them or off. Sleep is completely gone. I'm also in a mental health hospital now 4 weeks in. It's great that you have come through this and you've given me hope it will get better x
      Paul

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Earplugs can provide a False sense of security
      Also see
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/learn-from-others-mistakes.29437/

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. PureNoise

PureNoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Judging by what tinnitus led you to do, I am guessing it is fairly distressing.

I would not just start going to concerts just yet if tinnitus led you to those actions.

Loud noise exposure can make it even worse. Then what?

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      do not go to concerts or movies. just because it works for you doesn't mean your case is a one size fits all.

when you get on here advocating to do these activities, including, seeking a career in music production, you are being a dangerous piece of shit and need to learn to keep your dumb ass opinions to yourself.

safety first.

if you're on this site, that means you're in a bad situation and there is no exact way to diagnose your vulnerability.

safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first, safety first!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      I'm not 'advocating' anything I'm just saying how things are for me. And if you're not intelligent enough to answer without being insulting then don't bother. Clearly your mother didn't raise you right.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hey
      What do you think made you get better?
      Thank you
      X

8. Danny B
      Dreaming

Danny B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear syringing
      I like a good ol' positive post with someone whose life has improved. It's good to reflect on these when the times get tough.

I hit a terrible spike recently, it threw me back to those early days of anxiety because I was convinced that I had to deal with this new level forever. Today I was so pleased to find that, seemingly for no reason at all, the level has faded enough for it to be mask-able by plenty of sounds it had grown louder than. This reminded me that the level is variable, just because it's seemed like months I've been stuck on this volume doesn't mean it's permanant. What a relief!

Sometimes you just have to get through today. Every day you get through you're one day closer to healing, be it naturally or (knock on wood) scientifically when one of these promising treatments in the pipeline goes commercial.

• Like Like x 2