It's a Noisy Planet Website

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnnyMx, Dec 1, 2017.

1. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Emanuel Lourenco
      No Mood

Emanuel Lourenco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I find it ridiculous the lack of awareness to noise exposure... Not only there is no way to heal back hearing, naturally or with medicine but also the other horrible symptoms such as tinnitus and hyperacusis... Meanwhile in our daily life is noise everywhere... every shopping has speakers blasting with sound... I wish more awareness was there when i was younger... maybe i wouldn't have ruined my life

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Philippe79

Philippe79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June / 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      H.F.H.L.
      You are right. It’s a joke. I have always said this. I went to the supermarket earlier and there was a band playing Christmas carols outside. I walked past with my hands over my ears (no earplugs on me). They probably thought, what a rude ******

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    4. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I do this too and don't care what other people think. One time a redneck got mad at me for covering my ears as he turned on his extremely loud car. Probably should have considered not being a loud obnoxious hillbilly.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    5. Philippe79

Philippe79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June / 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      H.F.H.L.
      I don’t generally feel bad but this did feel a little different, just being it was a charity thing.. Still, I have to put myself first. If some hillbilly bombs it past me in their car, with their loud rude ass exhaust, then i’ll always be the first to stick my fingers up (V).

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      I do it all the time as well. Could not care less. And I used to "care" what people thought of me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. Kste Adams
      Studious

Kste Adams Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMD, Noise?
      What really annoys me is that every store nowadays seems to be playing loud music for their customers' "enjoyment". I guess it's time to push back and complain to management. I won't go into the local Bed Bath & Beyond store without earplugs anymore - they play a painfully loud blast of noise to get the attention of the workers who otherwise wouldn't hear the announcement over the music. Nincompoops... :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4