It's Always Been This Way — I Don't Recall a Time in My Life I Didn't Have Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shane Rains, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Shane Rains
      Curious

Shane Rains Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So, I've lurked here for several months, reading, learning, and checking things out. I'm 58 years old and I don't recall a time in my life that I didn't have tinnitus. I spent about 26 years in the military starting at 18 years old, and I think that the noise from the trucks, shooting weapons and explosions and such more than likely exacerbated the problem. I may not have had it when I was a child but I've had it for so long it's just part of me now and I don't know when it started.

That being said, I have noticed in the last 4-5 years, it has gotten progressively worse, or higher pitched. I have it in both ears and it's a very high pitched, constant ringing. Sometimes it goes higher and sometimes it's lower. Sometimes both ears are in sync and sometimes they are different levels. It's all very strange and troubling. I also deal with Vertigo several times a year for about 3-4 days when I get it. I've been told that they are linked, that may or may not be true.

I honestly had given up hope that this would ever go away. But at least after being on this forum and reading all the posts, it has motivated me to go see my doctor and at least start talking about it to him, just to see if there might be a possibility of lowering the ringing or getting rid of it. I don't hold out hope that it will every go completely away, but I suppose one never knows. I won't say it's driving me crazy, but sometimes I feel like it is, it just never stops. I don't know what might cause it to be higher pitched or louder, but I do know that it does go up and down (spikes?) in intensity at different times.

So, I need to find out what might cause it go higher or louder and see if I can either stop eating something or doing those things that cause it to be that way. I've read a lot of posts regarding different supplements and frankly, it's overwhelming how much stuff people are taking on here. It's almost too much information to take in, at least right now. I'll keep reading and researching and see what might work best for me and talk with me doctor about it.

Most of you have been on here for a long time, I'm just getting started, so I apologize if this is the same old story you've heard a million times. After just reading and taking it all in for the last 6-8 months, I thought I would at least say hello and tell you I appreciate all the information I've found on this site.

Shane

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1