It's Been a Week

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Frank Boone, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Frank Boone

Frank Boone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/18/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, glad (I guess) to be part of this forum. I'm just 18, so I'm really worried about this.

So it started a week ago in one ear, I saw a ENT doctor shortly after and they did syringing, as they found both ears were clogged.

I also did a hearing test and tested fine, even with clogged ears.

They only gave me oil a minute before syringing.

Since then my tinnitus has been worse, and in my other ear too. The doctor said it's normal to flare up right after and also said it should be temporary, going away in a couple weeks.

Reading these forums it seems they possibly made it permanent. I've been worried though I know this just makes it worse.

Should I do anything like see another ENT doctor, or just wait it out and hope that's not the case?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. If you can see another ENT for second opinion without much financial hardship, it will be worthwhile to recheck to see if there is any damage done by the syringing. It also can ease your mind about it. Having more stress and worry is definitely not good especially when your ears are so unstable right now. Nobody can be sure if one's T is permanent. Sometimes if the root cause is taken care off, then T will fade or disappear. Even if it stays, the intensity of it and your reaction to it will gradually become less serious. This will help the T in the long term (if it can be long term). Age age can be a blessing as young people adapt and heal much faster than old folks. Here is some success stories of young folks. Take care. God bless.

success story of 17 years old Zach:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/fake-it-until-you-make-it.7590/

success story of Jari with T since 12 years old:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new.7670/

lana got T at 15 and getting better:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/positivity.13050/

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Frank Boone

Frank Boone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/18/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for the replies. I'll see if I can meet with another doctor soon, won't cost too much. I'm trying to calm down a bit, it'll take some effort though. I guess it's still really early and anything could happen. I'm sure I might eventually learn to live with it like in the stories if it does turn out to be permanent, but right now just have a hard time imagining being stuck like this. Hopefully things will work out one way or another.