I've Had Enough...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danny Boy, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Ok. Ok...I've just had it....First I have really bad high frequency tinnitus in both ears and it keeps going up and down all the time, add to that hyperacusis and now I have a chest infection and can barely breath...I was prescribed antibiotics took some and now the tinnitus has spiked massively. I'm really scared and can't cope anymore, I'm so fed up with tinnitus, I really am...I''m lost and I am trying to ignore it but it seems impossible.

• Hug Hug x 9
    2. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      If the antibiotics caused the spike I'm sure it'll recede. My personal experience with T:s and colds is that it always becomes more noticable. Hang in there!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm trying to....The spike is massive and I couldn't sleep at all, so been up all night. And even though I'm tired I can't sleep and even if I manage to, the tinnitus wakes me up.

4. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm sure you've done this, but have you tried listening to any masking sounds? I like the sound of rain myself and have it as mp3 in case of emergency.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Sadly, nothing really masks it...I can hear it over everything, even with headphones in. I wouldn't mind if it was 30% less than what it is now.

6. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Why don't you try xanax after talking to your doctor ? Its a great short term stress buster but be very careful about the dose and duration.. It might even reduce your T literally for time being

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It's Saturday so no doctors for me...

8. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Try masking dude. I am myself having a bad day and don't know what to do. Relax melodies is a great app on android .

9. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Where in UK are you Danny ? There's been a virus going round in UK I've only just got over it ,had it month or more ,it's been giving some a chest infection ,ask your local chemist if anything going on ,there the first to know what's out there on virus front ,I swear by Vick chest rub for winter chest bugs ,then under the duvet .
      Viruses are the pits for my T ,as I've got Rhinitis ,I've had bad neck ache 5 straight days Danny ,and my T been low 2 straight days .balance is bad as ears full up ,like I'm deaf ,but I can hear fine .Cant work this lot out like you and rest of us .
      Hope your feel better as day passes ,stay warm and get some chicken soup in you .You on your own ,or have family around .?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm trying that now with mozart and cricket sounds..Does help, but still living like this is unfair.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Bristol. And I'll try and get some chicken soup...Just wish, really wish, super wish that I was flirting with the option of death.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      Whoa dude, you've had it for only 4 months, there's still plenty of time for your T to change! When I first got mine it was so loud that I thought my head would explode. After a few months it fluctuated, changed tones & even added new ones but it's really died down a lot since then, to the point where I actually have to listen out for it some days to know it's there. It's normal to think irrationally when you feel lost & isolated but honestly, death is never an option. Vent as much as you want on here, we're all going through that same feeling someway or another & listening, don't take it out on yourself though o/

• Like Like x 7
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. kenny
      English

kenny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      It's always worse when you have a cold or flu etc Danny boy, I found antibiotics do seem to make it worse, but you need to take them for your chest infection, have you seen the hush tinnitus download?, this really helps me when having a bad spike time, and you've got to snap out of this death wish, start fighting cos you will win in the end, just give yourself more time, it's early days yet mate, hang on in there, and don't forget your not alone, we are all here to help one another

• Like Like x 1
    14. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Danny ,you've got this bad chest infection ,it's pulling you down,with the T going as well ,honest Danny few weeks ago I was feeling rough to ,but it will get better ,just nurse this infection till it goes ,and it will.
      I felt better propped up at night in bed ,breathing was better .i had such hacking cough ,part of the infection .
      Try that if your not sleeping ,prop yourself up ,but keep duvet up . It will play your T up ,others on site will say this when poorly Danny .just make sure you stay hydrated ,food not a worry .went off food for almost 3 weeks ,where I didn't feel great ,back to okay now ,our old grannies swore by chicken soup ,I've carried that on with illness,when my kids were unwell .Grannies know best .
      So no more sad thinking Danny ,get that gone ,I agree with Kopesy ,you may just this T gone.
      Stay on site ,stay warm and try and sleep this infection out .dont over do the meds ,let your system do the work .
      Got friends in Bristol overlooking the bridge .Pretty part of UK .Your be okay Danny .xx

• Like Like x 4
    15. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Danny I have had my T's for more than 16 years now and at first I was so bummed out about it that I got in a position like you and I know how you feel. But with a big B! you will get ust to it as I did and now I know when it spikes up or I'm having a bad day that it will pass and my noise problem will move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      Maybe you need a different med because some of them do spike tinnitus. What did they give you?

• Creative Creative x 1
    17. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Danny, make sure you keep posting and talking or ranting your emotions out. Your suffering will only be temporary. Most people take some time to turn around. So you are just normal in your reaction. I am perceived as a positive guy here, but I had my dark days of struggle a few years back. I had ultra high pitch T, severe H, and relentless anxiety and panic attacks. They all conspired to cause tremendous sufferings so much so that often when I went to sleep, if I could sleep at all, not wishing to wake up to repeat the torture cycle again. I never thought I could live through it and often the big S word dangled in front my tired and stressed out mind as it saw no way out. So I understand and have empathy on your sufferings. Hang in there and be patient. I never thought I could become well again but I am now. I am not alone. Just read up the success stories and you will see many members do get better after some time and after some treatment. So never give up hope. Take care.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    18. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      I agree with Billie48. Let it out here where you are supported and cared about. After you've poured your emotions and fears and pain to this forum read the success stories.

It is unfair what's happened to you as it's unfair for any of us who suffer, but that's not going to help you get past this point in your journey.

One day you will be the one who writes his success story and you will be the one who inspires others who are new to this condition. And you will continue to help someone in need as you already have done by reaching out and supporting others, so that at the end of the day we all can go to sleep feeling a little less alone and a little closer to being better.
      Keep strong Danny. It's in you.

• Like Like x 4
    19. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I said a prayer for you today. Hope you are feeling better. Keep pushing through your days... I always feel worst from T when I have a cold or bad allergies.... but better days are ahead. :)

• Like Like x 2
    20. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I also add my prayer for you, Danny. Don't give up the fight. Things will get better. Focus on the positives. You are still new with T. Better days will await you. Take care & God bless.

21. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Hang in there, man. I just got off a week of antibiotics and prednisone for lung crap and my ears were whistling like a fire truck.
      I've had T since the 70's. I tried all kinds of cures. The best remedy for me is to not measure my T, but measure my response to it. After a couple weeks of doing this, the T just faded away, unless I listen for it, then it's there. But this has been a miracle for me. Try it.

22. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Dany... try to control ur diet.. loads and loads of water.. to help flush ur body..
      Try starting your day with 3-4 big glass of warm or morderate hot water.. also drink lots of water before u sleep.. see if it helps.. and take ur time drinking the water..ur body will fight back the infection just give it some time to recover.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know this was a long time ago...But I want to thank you all, for your kind words and support.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    24. zenxpowert
      Fine

zenxpowert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/4/2016
      is it still there?

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      The tinnitus? Yes, but no way near as bad as it used to be....Plus I cured my hyperacusis.

26. rooster
      Fine

rooster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      I am so glad to hear you are ok !!

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

thanks for sticking around to offer kind words and support to new sufferers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      There's always going to many more who suffer sadly...I'm always going to be on here. Love this place <3

• Like Like x 5
    29. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Yeah Danny, I sort of think you're a bit of a key person around here. I find you bright, funny and very British.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Thanks Paul. I'm happy to be around such a welcoming community ^^.