I've Mostly Cured My Tinnitus by Doing Lower Jaw Exercises

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by QueadluunRau, Mar 10, 2020.

1. QueadluunRau

QueadluunRau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So I want to share this so maybe it will help someone else. I started getting loud ringing mostly in my left ear last year. It became so bad it took over my life. I did the usual stuff, ear drops, vitamins and an audiologist visit, who of course said nothing can be done and that I should live with it. Nothing worked.

I was losing hope but then I started doing something that seemed to work... lower jaw exercises. What I mean by this is moving my lower jaw in every possible way, wide open, rotating left or right, crunching down on my rear teeth. When I say this I'm talking about EXTREME, sometimes grotesque movements of my jaw to the point where it hurts and feels as though I'm tearing something.

After a couple days of this the loud ringing started going away leading me to believe that there is pressure on the auditory nerves causing my tinnitus that needs to be released. I do these exercises several times a day and it has not taken my tinnitus away, but it has gone from 9/10 to about 2/10 and most times I don't even notice it.

I hope this helps someone else.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Interesting - be careful you don’t want to end up with TMJ... that causes tinnitus as well and you may end up in lots of chronic pain.