Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde's Baby Son Otis, 21 Months, Can't Handle the Noise at NBA Game

Discussion in 'Support' started by Atlantis, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Poor little guy. Why wouldn't they give him those colorful muffs many celebs give to their children? Very irresponsible, he's obviously not handling the noise very good.
      I always love to see how Chris Martin protects his children .. No wonders as a tinnitus sufferer himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Aww bless,
      Hope he has no lasting problems.....lots of love glynis

4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Also great to see him put millions of other kids in danger on his concerts without caring one bit!

5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
    6. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Actually he always rises awareness when it comes to using hearing protection. What would you want him to do more? I am pretty sure he's not the one who can decide all by himself to only do acoustic sessions and not play in huge concert halls and open airs anymore

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah; we need more attention on this issue and more awareness, but when people go to mindlessly loud shows without wearing hearing protection, I think it's similar to having unprotected sex, not wearing seatbelts, and any other behavior which shows a lack of understanding of one's own mortality.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Yup, for the most part, we incflict our own pain. I'm no stranger in doing things, that sometimes, end up not being a good idea. Most of us do live and learn, even if the lessons don't always sink in the first few times. Awareness is the key to understanding, that our actions, might do us more harm than good.

9. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I've seen kids do this a lot prior to my T, I didn't think anything of it. I just thought that maybe they were overwhelmed by all the different sounds and it was something that they just had to get used to. I had no idea that a sporting event was really all that loud prior to my T, I'm sure that they don't either. I'm pretty sure that that kids screaming friends at playtime are just as loud or pretty close to that NBA game. Kids scream at extremely high volumes right into each other's ears, do you put ear muffs on them everyday while they play with their friends?

Before T, if someone told me that going to a sporting event was loud enough to cause hearing damage I would have been extremely surprised. I'm still surprised really! Any sports event that I have ever been to, I have never seen anyone wearing ear plugs in the audience (including babies), and definately not a single player. Looking at your surroundings, why would you think that anyone is in danger when the entire world is not wearing protection? It's not something that even crossed my mind and will not cross the minds of many.

You would think that if this was so dangerous that all these players would have hearing issues, yet doing a online search, i can't find one player in any sport throughout history that has had their hearing damaged in this way and they subject themselves for their entire careers. And some of these players start playing at large venues at the age of 13-14 years old. Where are all these players with hearing loss? And what about the players that move on even in retirement years and call the games for another 20? If this is all so dangerous then why are all these people not deaf by now?

• Agree Agree x 1