Journey Out of Despair

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Angi, Jan 31, 2019.

1. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      @Michael Leigh always means well even if his posts seem a little like a movie script :ROFL:...his advice has helped a lot of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you @coffee_girl Please explain the meaning of my posts seem a little like a movie script, as I'm not familiar with this term...Thanks.

3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      It was a joke in response to someone in this thread stating: "Why so serious?" =]

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I see, thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately there is a dark and very sinister side to tinnitus that people that have it mild or moderate are not aware of. They think tinnitus is a walk in the park. They have no idea what this condition can do to one's mental and emotional wellbeing when it reaches severe unrelenting levels. This is the reason tinnitus, particularly noise induced, should be treated with the utmost respect and something not to be taken lightly.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Did you get checked for hearing loss?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Angi
      Cloud9

Angi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016 (2000)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @Michael Leigh

I'm sorry of the fact that I accidentally left out huge parts of my story, making you think I took a walk in the moderate tinnitus park, making it unclear that since my tinnitus came it has WORSENED, I have had mild tinnitus for at least 15 years before these 3 years, so I have something to compare it to, I know my tinnitus is SEVERE, not extremely, but still.

I wanted to keep my story as short as possible as it took me 1h+ already to write what I wrote. And I wanted to share how happy I felt that I have survived the worst, at last. I wanted to focus on the positive.

You took that away from me, I went to bed that night with stress and panic, paranoid of sounds again and still am to some point.

Your strategy isn´t very loving, even though you mean well.

You could´ve at least comgratulate me on the achievement and then with a friendly tone get to point, it would´ve been a lot more successful approach.

I have read about tinnitus and headphones, but I still wanted it to be a reality even though I was scared and I´m still scared of using them, the same reason why I was scared of using speakers indoors. Thanks to this conversation I now understand why I am frightened. My fear was legit, the pressure has no way to escape the smaller the space.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Cape crusader
      Cool

Cape crusader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/18/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction ear wax removal
      But what about hearing aids? I've been told the Widex Zen program works fairly well and that uses hearing aids as far as i know.