Just Got Microsuction Done and the Earwax Was Removed from My Ears — No Improvements

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dewinston12, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Dewinston12

Dewinston12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just like the title says. I just got this procedure done but I don't notice any improvements to my moderate hearing loss or tinnitus. Looks like I will have to go and see my GP as soon as possible.

I'm very anxious. I haven't been able to hear properly for years and was looking forward to being able to fully hear again but now I feel really devastated and depressed and hoping you all could help me out.

So, like I said, I will be seeing my GP about this, but what condition do you think I have? My symptoms are hearing loss (hard to hear people in public places with a lot of background noise) and a ringing in the ears.

Regards

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You might possibly look to hearing aids, to help you out with the hearing issues. The advanced one, using masking technology as well. It is all up to you....some get hearing aids, some don't. I am not advising anything, just suggesting :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Those are symptoms for a variety of conditions, so you really need to go down the diagnosis path. Go to your ENT doc, probably audiologist too for a hearing test. That should help determine the next steps.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dewinston12

Dewinston12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the help guys. Just really anxious is all, but I hope I will get this sorted out. What I would do to be able to fully hear again.

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Do not wait for too long. For some treatments, time is of the essence.