Just My Situation (What Type of Tinnitus I Have? Will My Meds Affect It? Will It Go Away?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michael Hocking, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Michael Hocking

Michael Hocking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hey. Just need a bit of help understanding my situation.

Alright, so I've had tinnitus in my left ear since approximately the 30th of December, and I would say It's almost certainly a result of in infection that I got on Christmas (I self-diagonsed it as swimmer's ear, as I got it after swimming in a pool that I wasn't told wasn't chlorinated, and my doctor observed identical symptoms). My ears are still infected, but they are very nearly cured of the infection, though I believe my left ear still has some fluid build-up in it.

The tinnitus manifests in my left ear only as a continuous quiet-ish but very noticeable dog whistle sort of sound. It intensifies when I close my jaw. Each day I have to have three drops of ciloxan in both ears three times, two augmenton tablets and one claratyne tablet to treat my swimmer's ear.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if the people here know what type of tinnitus I have, whether my medication will affect it and, most importantly, is it likely to go away.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Hocking

Michael Hocking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      BTW I forgot to mention that I did experience some hearing loss from the infection, however it was caused by a ruptured eardrum, and the tinnitus didn't manifest until after my hearing began to return.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Hocking

Michael Hocking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Anyone?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Michael,
      The ear infection and perforation and swimming and hearing loss due to the perforation looks like the cause of your tinnitus.
      When the infection and perforation heals your ear should settle down.
      Don't use drops if you still have a perforation.

Time is a great healer and your ear needs to settle down and if still the same in a few weeks your doctor can refer you to ENT..lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Hocking

Michael Hocking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Ok, thank you for the reply. However the drops were prescribed due to the fact that they would be safe to use with the perforation, and before the eardrum perforated I had been using different drops.

Since yesterday I have spoken to my doctor and he says the T is likely to go away after my ear fully heals. However thanks for your help :)