Laser Advice (and does anyone want to go in on one!)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by felinefine, Dec 26, 2014.

1. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      many years, but much worse after acoustic trauma in 2014
      Ok, so I have been doing a lot of research on laser therapy, considering I have had my first treatment in an office with laser therapy (that has also been used for other ailments), with positive effects on my troubled ear. I mainly complain of the fullness I developed after a flare gun going off next to my hyperaucusis ear on the 4th of july (yes, lots going on here!). I do have tinnitus, but the fullness is so annoying. I didn't expect this subtle improvement, as this laser has been helping others in the office that has had other physical problems (not just with their ears). I hope I am not making the improvement up. We tried the laser merely out of hope. It did have some effect, so now I am hopeful!

I am still learning about the different types of lasers, the lasers at Dr. Wilden's office, and his home-use lasers. Is there anyone who is very well versed that could give me a layout on what strengths I should look for, treatment plans, etc? Absolutely anything at all, even if it is just a sentence or two. I would love to keep this thread purely on laser types/treatment protocols as it has been difficult to search through other threads and research on my own to pick out specific information. I know many of you are smart and have done plenty of research, so I am hoping to tap into your experiences/knowledge/thoughts in order to make the best decision possible.

Also, I see these lasers are crazy expensive, especially the home lasers from Dr. Wilden's office. Is this necessary? I have great respect for him, but is it possible to find just as good of lasers elsewhere? Or is this risky due to there being fraudulent lasers being sold online.

Lastly, I live in Baltimore, and would be interested in going in on on with someone else who lives in the Baltimore, DC, Virginia area. Is anyone interested?!?

Thanks!!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HA! Ok clearly my post has failed :) I will come bother you folks on other posts ;)

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      yes yes I have! Thank you.

It is exhaustingly long, but I am making my way through it (almost word by word). :bookworm: Thank you for posting it though so I have it saved for reference.

Thanks for the welcome!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
    6. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate