Last Two Days Were Better But...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      As many of you know I've only been dealing with the ringing/humming noise for just over 2 weeks. The last two days, for the most part the volume became very low and I almost didn't notice it. Today for the first half of the day I was also okay until all of a sudden, it rears its ugly head and is back. I've also noticed additional ringing noises, of different pitches - seeming to come from my other ear. They are often loud and intrusive but go away on their own within a minute or two.. I was doing better at controlling my anxiety until about 30 minutes ago when it started up again.. I was hopeful, that since my ringing is so new it was a great sign that it was going away for most of the last two days but now that its back all my "hopeful" feelings were smashed by the big anxiety monster. I've also read its quiet normal for the ringing sound to vary in intensity or pitch in the beginning.. I was just so so so hopeful that it was on its way out since I had a few good days....
      Just had to vent. :( Thanks for listening.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Duck...
      Sorry to hear your tinnitus has got louder after a couple of better days .
      The emotions it can cause soon can get out of hand.
      Try stay calm and hope tomorrow will be better for you....lots of love glynis x

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Does the fact that the volume decreased dramatically for a few days and the onset is so recent that this may be temporary? :nailbiting: Just looking for some hope to get me through today.:thankyousign:

• Like Like x 1
    4. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      Are everyday sounds any louder, or just the tinnitus?

• Like Like x 1
    5. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      I'm in the same boat. Mine is also recent onset and seems to come and go. I think the overall trend is downward so I'm optimistic. And I've found optimism makes a huge difference in perception and volume of T. So it becomes a virtuous cycle.

Just focus on how it DID subside and so it CAN and WILL again

BTW how'd you get Tinnitus?

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Since the onset, its worse around the TV or the radio. Yesterday I was hardly bothered at all once I put it out of my mind and was determined to have a good day. Today, again I was doing pretty good and only heard the ringing when I listened for it. I wouldn't say everyday sounds are louder. After having 2 good days, to get a few loud spikes of ringing which only last a minute or two and seem to come from the opposite ear (in addition to the hissing in my right ear) has caused my anxiety to increase again. It seems to be a vicious cycle throughout the day. I was just hopeful with the fact that I was able to "tune it off" or maybe the volume did decrease so early was a good sign longterm.. Sorry if i'm rambling I just find myself typing away knowing you all understand what I'm going through and seem to be the only ones who do. Its nice to find support like that. :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am tending to agree with you in that the volume decrease so early on (Even with some random spikes) has to be a good sign, right? I have been trying to be optimistic also, use mindful meditation techniques, working out, and also acknowledging the noise but trying not to freak out about it helpful.

There are, of course a few times during the day when my anxiety surges and I am desperatly trying to control that.

I don't know how I got Tinnitus.. Its been a little over two weeks. I am 7.5 months pregnant. I saw my obgyn who referred me to an ENT who did a quick inspection and noted no ear infection, sent me to get an audiogram (saying they couldn't do anything else without this) and then I go back for my follow-up tomorrow with the actual ent dr who primarly focuses on hearing/tinnitus. I'm nervous what they will say. I also am realistic in my expectations. Being pregnant, I know a lot of the diagnostic tests or medications like sterroids are off limits to me unless benefit outweighs risk to baby. I am fully expecting them to say they can't do anything for now and that it will probably go away after the baby.

In the hearing test, they did inform me I have mild hearing loss in the high upper ranges in my right ear (which seems to be the ear I am hearing the hissing/ringing from). However, I also have been getting louder pitches in the left ear. I'm under tons of stress so from my reading, it could also be stress induced.. Sigh. :dunno:

I will update tomorrow after my exam... Trying to remain hopeful ;) .. What about you?

8. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      Congratulations on the future baby!!

I either got mine from doxycycline or stress. I'm being as aggressive as possible. Mindfulness, optimism, and starting TRT next week..

We will kick T's butt!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How long have you been dealing with it? I see since October? Early October? The audiologist I saw said I could do TRT or try some masking devices for free if it became very bothersome. I will ask the ENT their opinion tomorrow as far as early use goes. I keep hoping I wont need to go that direction as it seems to be slowly improving on its own but if being aggresive about treatment (and overly optimistic) helps I am all about meeting this head on!

Stress..seems to be the root of all my medical problems over the last few years. Need to get a handle on that for sure. :) I'm glad to have found someone new who is going through the experience with me around the same timeline! Have you been to an ENT?