Left Ear Tinnitus — Feeling Low — I Would Like to Make a Difference for Tinnitus Awareness/Research

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aurélien, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Aurélien

Aurélien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night club, headphone, acoustic trauma
      Hey everyone,

I am 22 years old and classic story here, I have had tinnitus for 7 months now on my left ear from concert, music and earphones. When I first got it I still went to parties or clubs for short time with earplugs. It did not really change anything, it is still the same sound for 7 months. I have had lows and highs, decided to quit smoking, decided to start a YouTube channel, to build my company, to choose a healthier path than before but this sound is still terrible and I am having a low right now.

I feel like it's a curse, truly and I don't really get why there is such low interest into tinnitus research toward a cure.

I would like to have an impact about it, it's ruining lives, younger and younger people get it.

I was really wondering, is the music industry even giving a shit about this? Nighclubs damage our ears, earphones can be deadly loud, they know that it affects our ears.

The tobacco industry has been giving a little for lung cancer research (still not enough).

2. Jonstar

Jonstar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Glue ear
      Hi
      I am suffering too with tinnitus due to glue ear and for me it’s been 6 months. It’s a coincidence but my step dad has it too due to listening to heavy metal music. He got it over 20 years ago and still has it, but what he says is take a combination of raw garlic and Ginko Bilbo, they are both anti inflammatories that have helped. Iam currently taking now and it’s helped a little as the ringing isn’t that strong anymore. Iam not a Dr so Iam just going on his advice. My only advise to you which has helped me is to really forget about it.. meaning tune out. Its the only way you are going to feel sane. All the best

• Like Like x 1
    3. SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HTN Rx, Migraine hx, Oil of Wintergreen induced?
      Aurelien: agree... but so many people have it! 15-20% of the population!... not fun, we got picked to "we hear God right!"... Advice Jonstar above, he is correct, must learn forget about it, not easy, 3 months into mine, now to learn how to habituate to it! But we must fake it until we make it! Need to do some neuroplastic work too...