Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      No, he's right. You're just angry because you have suffered for years without anything helping. Now that the first thing that does help is out, you're treating it like all the other junk you tried in the past. It's called projection.

You should instead be signing up for the treatment yourself, now that would be progress and can actually lead to change in your life instead of complaining an invalid argument that is insulting real life people putting their money into this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    2. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      I didn’t say this was junk...
      I was speaking in generalities and you all took it as a personal attack.

I will say AGAIN... I hope this thing works.

And this is the problem, I insulted people, yet I didn’t mean to... my apologies.
      Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
    3. ruud1boy

ruud1boy Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 2006. Severe since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      I do have comprehension issues - I genuinely couldn't discern what point you were trying to make, other than the thinly veiled accusation that I was somehow trying to con people as a Neuromod stooge.

• Like Like x 2
    4. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      Ok my apologies, to everyone... I wasn’t directing my general cynicism at anyone on the forums, or even this device.
      I didn’t see how I was offending people... well I obviously was.

My only point was a distrust of corporations (in general), and that so much money is being made by hearing aids, and ENTs, and supplement manufacturers that I wonder when their lobbyists will attempt to stop anything that may actually work.

I have said several times, I hope this works.

Have a good day, apologies again.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3
    5. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      As a long term sufferer you should have learned a lesson by now: Hope is VITAL for us. Not the kind of hope which makes you vulnerable to scams. Other kind of hope. You are not helping anyone by deliberately shattering it.
      Sorry if you've been asked this a lot so far. Is your tinnitus noise induced? What about its severity?

• Like Like x 1
    6. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      But 20 dB of narrow-band noise around your tinnitus frequency should mask it, am I right?

7. Pawel1
      No Mood

Pawel1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      • Informative Informative x 6
      • Like Like x 2
    8. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      What he said was from the first study they didn't see much more improvement after 6 weeks. That's why in the second study, they did a settings change at the 6th week and therefore saw more improvement.

He only compares his to her in that they are in a little healthy competition that benefits the sufferers. Yes I think Dr. Shore's device looks better, but he's not saying that.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I skimmed through it and he's not really saying anything that Lim didn't say in the (removed) leaked Vimeo video. Note that he doesn't mention anything about patients continuing on after 12 weeks and getting more and more reprogramming sessions at the clinic, but that seems to be what's happening now with end-users.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Well I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer...

"We apologise for not contacting you sooner, we are working on securing more audiologists and staff to help with the huge demand for our device. As soon as we have an appointment for you, we will email.

Kind Regards,
      Neuromod Medical"​

• Like Like x 2
    11. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      What he also said was that the lack of improvement after 6 weeks on the initial testing protocol was due to habituation, which is why they changed the timing signals going forward.

It does beg the question whether or not Neuromod can change the timing signals again after the 12 week period, and continue doing so every 6 weeks (via the Internet perhaps) until the patient experiences a positive outcome.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for that. In the article it says:

"Medgadget: How effective has Neuromod been shown to be?

Ross O’Neill: We conducted two randomized, double-blind studies with 326 and 191 participants, treating for 12 weeks and following up for 12 months. In the first study, we saw that 2/3 of the participants showed clinically significant improvement within the first 6 weeks of treatment and marginal improvement in the second 6 weeks. These effects lasted for 12 months."​

He doesn't clarify that the trials have not been published yet and so the results quoted are not yet accepted as part of the formal scientific literature. It would have been better to clarify that. Hopefully they will publish soon.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    13. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Also, if this is a recent interview, he isn't mentioning how people are faring with it now that it's been out longer than 12 weeks. I mean, they must have a much larger dataset than before.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. ruud1boy

ruud1boy Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 2006. Severe since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      Yep, noise induced. Moderate high frequency hearing impairment. Tonal tinnitus at c. 6 kHz and c. 50 dB white noise MML (75-80 dB real world).

• Informative Informative x 4
    15. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      What counts as "high frequency" for you?

16. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I hope some "big pharma" scavengers are following this thread and rushing their asses to develop a drug which, being taken on a daily basis, suppresses tinnitus completely, meaning outrageous amounts of profit for them before a reliable device capable of diminishing the impact of tinnitus with just 12 weeks of treatment gets popularized.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    17. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I understand the hope but I think it's unrealistic to expect such a drug. The fact big pharma has deep pockets doesn't mean they can cure every ailment with magic pills by simply writing out a big R&D check.

• Agree Agree x 4
    18. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      999% agree. I was just kidding. When reaching that point of my multiple considerations about this ailment I always ask myself: Is a cure a realistic goal? Isn't it like asking for recovering the sense of touch for your fingertips after having your hands chopped off?

Always guessing from the deepest ignorance, though.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Watasha
      No Mood

Watasha Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It seems a bit premature to think that it's unrealistic to develop such a drug given that we don't yet even have the physiology of the experience understood.

It could end up being something very treatable, we're just not there yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Also they like to spend more money on marketing these days than actual R&D. They like to buy the R from universities.

• Agree Agree x 4
    21. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It's premature to think it's impossible, but reasonable to think it's unrealistic. Unrealistic = not easy to solve, and there should be no debate on that point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Well, perhaps if they invested in Hough Ear Institute or the University of Arizona.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just want to say how grateful I am that you’ve come back to post an update and hope others who’ve tried Lenire do the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    24. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      So, who have experienced improvements thus far from Lenire? Any people have tinnitus diminish completely yet?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    25. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I think the better analogy is stopping the sensation of pain in your hands that have already been cut off.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    26. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Hope is slowly being replaced with... oh well everything but hope!

It sucks to be desperate!

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      My current frame of mind isn't really hopelessness but based on what I'm hearing so far I think Lenire is a very "beta test" device. So I'm hoping that between now and when it shows up in the US we'll be told that they've refined it and improved efficacy. That's my wishful thinking, my Dumbo feather, as it were. And if that doesn't work, there's always Minnesota or Susan Shore, but who knows how long that will really take.

giphy.gif

• Agree Agree x 3
    28. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      University of Michigan (Dr. Shore), MAYBE next year. If we're lucky.

University of Minnesota, definitely longer than next year, with no real date in sight.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. Skinjob
      Batty

Skinjob Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 90s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bowie, The Chameleons, etc.
      I just wish they would lose the Bluetooth and go with wired headphones.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I’ve been saying this for months but nobody ever listens. Michigan definitely has the superior device (at the moment anyway, that could change). Lenire works, but it’s without a doubt the weaker variant of the two.

They are in no way the same technology. The Michigan methodology shows results after the first use (queue the people saying small sample size, I don’t care, everyone in that small sample size had this experience), this isn’t the case with Lenire in the slightest. We haven’t heard “one single report” of Michigan esque gradual reduction after the first couple uses. Not one.

Why does Shore’s device work almost immediately while Lenire takes 2 months for sub par reductions? Because they *are* different.

I'm also getting skeptical of Neuromod’s 86% responder and 66% significant responder claim. The real world results aren’t showing their data as truth.

Hope and optimism is a good thing to have I agree, but so is wisdom and common sense. Someone blind as a bat can see that the results are in fact not matching up with Dr. O’Neill’s 30-46% reduction claim.

As of now NAD+ is still getting me by. But I think I’m going with Michigan. I’m not at all impressed with Lenire. I think it was slapped together by a company that saw a working technology and made an inferior node of input to make capital bank on it. Let’s not forget that they already released a faulty device a couple years back.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1