Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. ruud1boy

ruud1boy Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 2006. Severe since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      I'm sorry but that's drivel. There are loads of reasons why someone could be rejected - this isn't because I know about Neuromod's policies or have any knowledge of audiology / tinnitus beyond anyone else on this forum, but come on, think man. Impacted earwax, otosclerosis, psychological trauma / crisis, acoustic neuroma, probably more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, that's the only reason I've heard of yet for rejecting someone, if you select less than 3 months in the questionnaire. I'm not saying that's the only criteria, just the only one I've read.

3. flamaest

flamaest Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benicar?
      Wasn't this device supposed to be available in the USA in 2019?

4. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've been guessing that the US release would be offset a little less than a year from Europe. I have no basis to that guess, but it's just my hunch, as Neuromod hasn't issued any guidance that I'm aware of.

So when we were expecting the device to come out back in January it seemed reasonable to guesstimate that the US release would maybe squeak by right at the tail end of 2019.

Now that things have shifted forward by about six months it probably wouldn't be until this time next year. And how the office in Dublin is getting booked, some pessimists are saying more like 2021 or 2022.

Moral of the story is nobody really knows how this will scale out.

I am now just hoping that this fog of uncertainty will clear up by the fall.

5. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I agree, I find it rather insulting that someone who became aware of a treatment because of Tinnitus Talk would then tell Tinnitus Talk to fuck off and not return the favor.

I don’t understand the anonymous reporting of their Neuromod experience. It makes zero sense to me why people don’t want to share their experience. Are people afraid Neuromod will be like, “Looky here! FartBubble69 said that Neuromod is slow to release and isn’t working hard. Well I’m going to send a WiFi signal to his device and make it less efficient.” Like for real? What could possible be the reason for people wanting secrecy.

I really hope this trend doesn’t catch on because it is stupid.

But that isn’t as bad as someone who just doesn’t report back. Instead of helping people and letting us know more about it, they would rather be selfish and lazy. For those people, I offer my sincerest “fuck you”.

I am not talking about anyone in particular, I’m talking about it in general.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Jack Straw it's bizarre and you're right, it's selfish, Tinnitus Talk has been a saviour to me and to many others. If anything, I feel I owe it to the community here to post my experience. You are all warriors and I hope things work out for us all.

Anyway, I might chase up with Neuromod when we can expect the peer review paper to be out and of course I will be evaluating it to the best of my ability and sharing my thoughts with all to discuss.

Given the history of ‘tinnitus treatments’, it's very important going forward that these things are questioned by sufferers. Likewise, I wish Neuromod the best success if they are able to help us.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. frozenmist

frozenmist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life - been worsening lately
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, I have been keeping an eye on this thread for months. I, however, created an account only now, and it is to express my worries about the fact that some people appear not to be willing to share their experience.

Please keep in mind: your feedback will be the most credible reviews on which many of us will rely to make a decision that involves big money and potential undesired effects.

• Agree Agree x 13
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I think the concern is this:

Tinnitus is a complex condition with many potential causes. Neuromod may have a viable treatment for 5% of us.

They may know this but aren't disclosing it.

What if they are doing paid screenings because they know about their efficacy rate and are using interest in this as part of their profit model? That would perfectly explain their reluctance to disclose all data wouldn't it?

9. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Don't worry about that. There might be a few people like that but based on my many years of hanging around Tinnitus Talk the vast majority here feels a deep kinship with their fellow sufferers and will do everything to report back, myself included. There will be no shortage of credible user reports.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      FYI... I've not abandoned you. PM me if need be.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Annpann

Annpann Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      The people who have had their initial assessment have nothing to report yet. They would be bombarded by loads of questions that they cannot yet answer. I am sure we will all have more information when the device starts to be used.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. zoid
      Curious

zoid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @ruud1boy thanks for answering. :) Unfortunately Regensburg is an eight hour drive for me, Dublin is closer (I'm from the Netherlands).

Somewhere in this long thread I saw someone mentioning a clinic in Belgium opening around September. Fingers crossed then (disclaimer: this is all speculation!).

@frozenmist I sure will post my experience with the device over here and know for sure many more will do. If this treatment really works (a little, no miracles expected) we are going to hear it soon.

• Like Like x 1
    13. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      You think this is the concern or you're trying to manufacture the concern?

I suppose this FUD is going to be the running theme of the discussion here for the next few months?

• Agree Agree x 3
    14. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      You don’t half chat some shit you.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Mishal Almutairi
      Approved

Mishal Almutairi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 December
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wisdom removal with high dose Antibiotics
      Why do I get the feeling participants don't want to crush people's hopes and dreams and that is why nothing is coming out.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      God, don't even mention that! :O

17. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      No one has the device yet so there is nothing to report yet. Also once people start using it it may take many weeks/months for any change to occur so it’s going to be a while.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      People in the trials signed NDAs.

No one has gotten the commercialized device yet.

19. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      This is why.

20. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      A member sent me the following PM:

Hi Markku

I have had a Neuromod appointment and I asked about the peer review when I was there. They are still gathering in some final data for the second study which is why it hasn’t gone off for review yet. I don’t want to add this info into the thread as I’d rather not talk about my Neuromod experience just yet in case I jinx anything! But if you want to share that it’s fine. It might settle some of the queries people have about why the peer review hasn’t happened yet.

Also the first devices aren’t being given out for fitting until 18th July, that’s why there is no feedback yet. They are only doing assessment sessions currently.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
    21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Though I respect people wanting to remain anonymous, I can’t help but cringe that people are refusing to post their experiences on their own accounts. The fact that they are afraid of Neuromod finding it or somehow jinxing themselves by talking about on an anonymous forum it is so cringe.

They don’t want to post themselves, but tell @Markku to post for them because apparently that cancels out the jinxing voodoo? :ROFL:

We are already anonymous on here, why are people going through two hoops? Soon people will be buying VPNs and creating new accounts to post.

This is actually funny / sad.

8CF0C60E-6C96-4038-BDFD-2F9E8AD2F68E.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
    22. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      Why don't you concentrate on posting your audiograms and your history with PRP and Dr. Shim, which you have been teasing about for months. And stop "cock-blocking" our hopes over here!!

(This is me being lightly harassing, as you told me to be).

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    23. Hayls32

Hayls32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pulsatle to begin with. Noise exposure later in life
      I'd love to share my experiences, however I'm in what appears to be a very long waiting line. I'm an hour's flight away, if that. Tad annoying but I can wait longer, only had this for 20 odd years :dunno:

24. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Aluminum foil hats don't even block EMF. You need a Faraday cage which has to be grounded.

25. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Peer review not even started yet? OK, how long does a peer review take?

26. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      But hang on - you're the person who has been saying that any talk of Neuromod discouraging any public posting by members was nonsense. Yet the evidence is now pretty clear that several members who have decided to buy Lenire are reluctant to talk directly about their experiences for fear of "jeopardizing their relationship" with Neuromod.

Of course I would encourage them to talk directly about their experiences. But I can well understand that Neuromod - having done very well out of this thread so far - might be keen to prevent any potentially adverse publicity.

27. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      ...or these people do not feel comfortable to post on a forum in general. Lots of people "lurk" on forums and don't post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not posting publicly because of a fear of Neuromod finding out or “jinxing” is illogical and irrational.

No one is currently posting positive or negative things about Neuromod who has gone to see them. These are just them talking about their experience.

Why would anyone be afraid to post about their experience? There is no rational logical reason since we are all anonymous and they would never find out who posted what.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I can say that if Neuromod (or any other company for that matter) was found to attempt to control patients posting their treatment experiences online, I would not take it lightly. I would make the biggest fuss possible.

So far nothing points to that being the case. We've had a few trusted members go to the assessment appointments, and I'm confident we would have been told by now if Neuromod had encouraged people not to share their experiences. I realize however that one of the comments (about jeopardizing their relationship with Neuromod) might have given that vibe, but the member in question was just overly careful - they were not instructed to remain quiet.

We have suggested another Q&A to Neuromod a while back to clear these types of misconceptions, and they appeared to be open to it. They have just been swamped - we've been waiting for their response for a while again. Hopefully we can set something up so these speculations can be put to rest.

(P.S. My comment does not apply to clinical trials - it's not uncommon for clinical trials to have NDAs, and that's acceptable.)

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
    30. Soren

Soren Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      Or it could be that it takes a week or two to take effect or for some up to 6 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1