Liars, Thieves and Finally an ENT Who Gets It

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bam, Dec 7, 2018.

1. sakrt
      Tired

sakrt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Specific issues
      @Bam - you are fortunate to have found a physician who "gets it", gave the time to connect and discuss it. Only those who had any form of -experience- with T/H, even if fleeting could only relate and provide some empathy towards others on this. Another member posted a similar experience a little while ago.

This approach by a Dr. who acknowledged it, has people skills is a rarity. Not only does it make such a difference for sufferers to feel heard, but also the ones who more likely to document unbiasedly in reports as SAID by the patient at the time and overtime after an E.N.T injury. So often, due to quick assumptions and incorrect documenting, this becomes all muddled up into an alphabet soup of confusing ambiguity redirected elsewhere away from the true source, hence creating many misdiagnoses and long delays in care, if any at all.

I literally sensed a little peace amid the storm in your post. At the very least, you may have finally found a Dr. who cares and willing to work with you to help.
      I'm envious. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I hope you’re doing okay Glynis. I’m thinking of you and hope you have your family and friends around you at this time.xx

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      It’s great to hear a positive ENT experience for once. They do exist after all!

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      When you fabricate part of a story, as you did with that Wolfears nonsense, I’m inclined to disbelief the whole thing.

5. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      @Bam

Hi Bam

I know the last time we spoke you were near me, if the ENT person is near where you last were could you send me his details please?

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Obviously - anybody who can say:

“I still have ringing in my ears, but it is moderate, and most of the time I don’t notice it.”

will not have a single clue what I am talking about......

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Bam if this appointment had been your first within the medical arena, would that experience have made a difference in how you fell so quickly into the severe tinnitus abyss?

Glad you are here.

Oh at first after reading the title of your thread I thought of that Cher song but it was titled Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.....:cyclops:

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise

Yes - it’s always hilarious when somebody gets sussed out.....Hahahahaha..xx

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. Anselmo

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @Autumnly: So you believe that hogwash story? People with tinnitus are so gullible. A drowning man will grap the edge of a sword.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      You had to retire due to severe tinnitus and can only cope better now that an antidepressant apparently reduced it to a mostly moderate level. You also never mentioned hyperacusis with pain. You're mocking people's suffering left and right.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Winner Winner x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Being honest I don’t know Star. Probably not in fairness. I would of been terrified regardless.

The start of my T journey was a massive fuck up all round for sure. From my family who made it infinitely worse by downplaying the situation, to the doctors who did the whole back slapping ignore it routine, when I said I was going to kill myself.

But the real issue is nobody had a clue how bad T can be. Nobody. Everyone was completely unprepared for it.

The awareness that T can kill people within days or weeks is pitifully poor and the reality is some of us are simply not going to be able to handle being told this dreadful noise is probably forever and the only treatment is ‘coping.

That is why T has this ‘curse’ status. It goes way way beyond an illness or disease...... It’s a terrifying dark maze of torturous mental suffering with seemingly no way back out in to the light.

We say it over and over again but everyone in the world should desperately want this cured but they simply don’t know who dreadful it is because the message is not clear and stark enough. It’s far too diluted and vague.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Lolz how @Bam has clearly got @Anselmo on the ignore list.

Not bothering to even dignify him with a response

• Genius Genius x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Sorry Allan. It was back in London as that’s my primary address and to be honest I think the ENT was from Brighton and was only in a hotel in central London for the day to go through dozens of insurance claim people. Looking at the list he saw about 30 people that day supposedly with tinnitus from RTA’s which shows just how schewed the figures are.

14. Anselmo

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @Autumnly: I’m working again, and I no longer take an anti depressant. I’m cool. I did read you are housebound, and I can relate, as I didn’t leave my house for a month. At my son’s insistence, I started walking, and never looked back. Exercise is crucial when you have t. And I took the anti depressant off label, for sleep. It didn’t do anything for my mood. I didn’t want to get hooked on benzo’s or sleeping pills, and it was a great substitute, as I had little side effects. If you have a difficult time being outside, there are plenty of exercise tapes available. Good luck.

15. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Autumnly - I truly know you to be kind, good hearted, intelligent lady, but I would like to offer you just one word of advice:

Never engage in a battle of wits
      with an unarmed person.....!!”

(It’s just not kind)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    16. Starthrower
      Wtf

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Bam
      Trust me keep this information to yourself for now.

WTF? Are you serious?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I don’t think Allan is asking for any other reason than he needs help badly. Unfortunately he couldn’t be further away as I know he’s in the North East.

But I do understand that we are in a constant civil war of sorts with this ‘curse’ or ‘annoying symptom’ depending on which side you’re on.

Fortunately there are medical professional as @Tinker Bell and myself came across who fully get it but are as silenced as some of us sufferers by the status quo.

Once the cure arrives it will be a total free for all and everyone including doctors will speak of the dark days of tinnitus suffering like they reflect on the Black Death.....trust me.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Starthrower
      Wtf

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      I agree @Bam. Your experience here is something that has helped a lot. I am glad you have not been thrown into the silence of this horrible condition.

• Winner Winner x 1
    19. Anselmo

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      I knew @Bam was full of it when he posted that photo of his facilities at that mental ward. Since when do they allow patients to keep their cell phone in a psych ward. They take away your belt, and anything that you can harm yourself with.

Do you have an answer to that @Bam.

And he won’t tell us the name of the ENT, because he doesn’t want to get him in trouble with the “coping” industry. How convenient.

I think @Bam has Münchausen syndrome.

20. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Thanks anyway Bam

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @Anselmo: This guy is a GENUINE suffer! It was a joke made in relation to another poster!

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Don’t worry about me in respect of that clown Vicki. I’ve had him on ignore for weeks so I’ve no idea what shite he’s spouting. Hateful little man.

23. Vicki14
      Panicky

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @Bam Your writings are too raw and genuine to be be made up!!! As you said, you can tell a mile away who the real suffers are!

Folk who are trolls are sad and cruel and must get some sick kick out of folk suffering. I was really horrified reading about your hearing test being faked by the Audiologist but not surprised. Fucking snakes!

WHO DO WE TRUST? Who is genuine in this shit storm? This is an absolute living hell being at the mercy of all these vultures :( x

• Hug Hug x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Oh so he’s saying I’m a fraud now?!:LOL: Well given I’m one of the few people on here who has actually met another member in real life in my own home, that’s a fucking stretch isn’t it even for him.

25. Vicki14
      Panicky

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @Bam

I understand. I suppose we all don’t know each other from ‘Adam’ here and just trust the everybody is genuine and reaching out. It definitely helps to talk and forming friendships too, as I’ve found to be a lifeline in dealing with this when others just don’t get it!

It would be great if everyone could arrange a meet up to share the empathy! :)

• Agree Agree x 1