Like a Fly Buzzing Around the Room — Could Cutting Out Sugar Help Me Get Rid of This Tinnitus Sound?

Discussion in 'Support' started by sophia1688, Nov 20, 2021.

1. sophia1688

sophia1688 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I’ve had tinnitus for 1 year and 4 months now. I was not habituated to my baseline, yet I was making small steps like sleeping without a fan. One day after, like a sick joke, I got a new sound which is still with me 4.5 months later. It sounds like an inconsistent buzz. Like a fly trying to escape a lightbulb. It is a horrible sound.

I don’t have acoustic trauma, even my original tinnitus isn’t from acoustic trauma. So why do I have this new sound? I never get spikes, or tones. I don’t know what’s causing it. All I can think of is before the new tone I had an extreme period of sugar binging. I had like 2 Monster energy drinks a day, chocolate for lunch etc because of exam season. I’m now trying a strict no sugar diet with Turmeric pills and other anti-inflammatories.

I guess what I’m asking is has anyone had tinnitus disappear from cutting out sugar? And is there anyone who had new tones appear and which lasted 4+ months but it went away? I really need some hope because I feel like this is a sickening joke (how I got it one day after I slept in total “silence” and finally felt like I was habituating).

Life’s a joke and unfair. I’m only 21 and I feel 80 with the constant stress I’ve been under this past year... and even more so with this new tone. I want a fucking break.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Can I just ask - since you were sleeping with a fan before the new tone - does this mean that you also had a low buzzing tinnitus sound (since fans are usually only good at masking low frequency tinnitus)?

3. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I hear ya. We all do.
      All you can do is give it a shot.

Cut on the sugar for a month or two and see if it helps you.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sophia1688

sophia1688 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Ben Winders, no I’ve never had a buzzing sound. My original tinnitus sounds like tinkles, like if you imagine you’re walking past a lake and the sunlight hits the water and it glistens, turn that sight into a sound and that’s what my tinnitus sounds like (a bit faster).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sophia1688

sophia1688 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hopefully it will work. I don’t know if I can handle this sound, I wasn’t even fully habituated before to my old one.

• Hug Hug x 1