Like a Lightning in the Blue Sky... And If It Was Not the Culprit of the Hearing Aids...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Viking, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Dearest Friend;

happy new year to all.

as you know, I am always looking for some relief, following a dramatic deterioration in the summer 2013(coinciding with the use of hearing aids...or not...). Doing much research, I came across in Lyme disease. Some of you knows that I was a fan of motorcycling and excursions. Well, in July 2013, I was bitten by something unidentified, but now that I'm studying various neurological disorders .... I found a correlation between my neurological problems and lyme disease. The day of the mysterious bite, I had been for a swim in the pool at a friend's house in the country .... I left my pants on the grass.

add; a few months later, due to dental problems, taken antibiotics and cortisone, and every time I took antibiotics tinnitus almost disappeared.

Has anyone had this?

http://www.tinnitusformula.com/library/lyme-disease-hyperacusis-tinnitus/#.VKWy3nsYHSY

IMG-20130812-WA0007.jpg IMG-20130812-WA0008.jpg IMG-20130812-WA0009.jpg IMG-20130814-WA0001.jpg

2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Lyme desiase is a serious desiase. I doubt this is the culpit behind your tinnitus. If you had lyme desiase since 2005 you would have pretty severe symptoms by now.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Not since 2006... but exactly summer 2013. I have developed: anxiety, depression,ataxia, imbalance, exacerbation of pre-existing tinnitus, clouded mind, frequent urination, tremors and more more neurologic other symptoms! Tomorrow I run to get me a blood test!

4. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      I see. Good luck on the blood test. I hope its not lyme desiase, and I dont think it is. Many of the symptoms you describe are side effects of anxiety. I think its more probable that the hearing aids the hearing aids caused louder tinnitus wich again caused anxiety and depression. Anxiety is a major beast wich can manifest itself in very many ways.

Best wishes

Edit: Do you remember having a red ring around the the place where you were bitten?

5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Viking

Few weeks ago here on australian tv they were talking about some German clinic that treats Lyme by "hearing the body" with a lot of success.
      Here in Oz Lyme is not recognised as even possible so a lot of people, who can afford it, went to Germany for treatment.
      This info is for "just in case" you have it, if needed I can dig out more info.
      Take care and keep us posted!

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Yes and now i have strange signs in my face in "movement" that don't go away by many month. General blood exams are ok... tomorrow i will go for lyme serum .
      Dermatologists say that perhaps it is seborrheic dermatitis, but it's too weird.

20150101_213321.jpg 20150101_225519.jpg

7. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      lyme is very difficult to diagnose is not like all existing bacteria.
      Is far more complex and false negative in serology tests are big.
      So the diagnosis must be clinical.
      Can mimic more than 300 diseases and yes is cause for H T and more neurological symptoms.
      The good is that if it is lyme treatment with ceftriaxone probably will solve the problems.
      I have done serology test and was positive after 3 years done and was negative
      before some months i do a more specific test and was borderline.

To be more precise exams must check for coinfections bartonella/babesia /coxiella/ehrlichia / toxoplasma etc
      because the vectors sometime carry and these bacteria together with borrelia or you symptoms is due one of these bacteria and not borrelia for example bartonella is more common.

You had T before taking antibiotics and cortisone ? What antibiotics you got what dose ? Do you remember ? Because it plays role in diagnose of lyme or other animal transmitted diseases.
      Because some antibiotics are active against borellia and some others are simple ototoxic and inactive against borrelia and in rare cases can improve T temporary.

In what place geographically have you bitten and from what is was a tick that bites dogs ?
      It was flea ? spider or whatever or you can not recall ?
      Do you have extreme insomnia ?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

@1MV you are always immense!!!

9. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      @Viking ...Well, I am presuming your possible tick-bite was in Europe. The only good thing about that is that it is less widespread there (or common rather) than is many parts of the USA. Or it was...the "reality" keeps being updated.

Unfortunately I am somewhat of an expert in Lyme Disease as it was considered the possible cause of my "undiagnosed" illness of late 2004 to 2010. *[I hike a lot, worked outdoors, and was also bitten by a tick in Mozambique in 2004 doing work for USAID and got genuine "tick fever" - unrelated to Lyme but still as cause for suspicion!]. Thus I ended up seeing the professional chronic disease docs (in a city near me) that treat Lyme patients from all over the country. Yes, the same docs that gave me the radically increased T and H in 2006 c/o antibiotics and antifungals. It was not really their fault as I was very ill and not responding to Lyme treatment, and best Lyme tests were ambivalent. It's a long sad story...

However I can tell you one thing for sure (and as per @1MW above). I talked to a lot of Lyme patients. I went through a lot of tests. I went through a lot of meds. In the end, I have no idea if I had Lyme Disease...What was 100% clear though was that Lyme can manifest in about every conceivable way imaginable regarding health issues, and overall symptomology. It is a "multi-uber-bastard" to get a handle on!!!
      There are co-infections, other adventitious illnesses (creatures) that jump on board (like parasites, yeast and fungal infections, etc., etc.) due the systemic weakness that occurs - just like weak plants in the garden invite insects and diseases to kill them off! - Yes I have seen this countless times in 40 years of horticulture.

So my friend...Lyme is a very tough nut to be sure of. Negative serology tests are not for sure negative. Positive tests are positive though. However you need a good lab that specializes in Lyme testing for reliable results! The time from potential infection is also very significant...The spirochetes (if Lyme - as also have possible babesia, bartonella, erlichia, etc. hitch-hiking from a tick bite) can cause problems soon, or decades later!

Lyme is a master of fakery and difficulty. I hope for your sake that if you got bitten by a tick it was normal bite - but then would not swell up, so "something" happened! I live in a very high incidence Lyme-tick area but very few of the actual % of bites are positive. *[We send tick in for testing immediately to be certain, if bitten].

Good luck Viking, but note that antibiotics can knock down many "infections" not just Lyme disease. Indeed, it is a good question to ask if you do get "better" when taking antibiotics! In fact a much better question than hundreds of tests.

Take care, Zimichael

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      Be careful because antibiotics are also ototoxic and you H & T become worse.
      Also if herx reaction happens you must regulate the dose or add cortisone because as bacteria die
      release the toxins in the body and can made more bad that good.
      The herx reaction is a sign the antibiotic works against bacteria and must be differentiated from side effects.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Yes i occasionally took antbiothics and T gone very low sound. In July 2013, after this bit on leg, i was scheduled for a dental surgery. I took amoxicilline for 5 days low dose (1 pill x day) and i haven't tinnitus in the days if treatment. The same is happened in november 2013. Amoxicilline for 3 days before dental surgery...0 tinnitus! Another thing: 15 days after the bit on the leg, during deep dream in the night, i woke up with horriblr tinnitus. After 1 month (august 2013) i develope a lot of neurological disorder never experienced before: restless legs, persistant insomnia, irritability, anxiety, depression, weakness, confusion and more others. Then the doctors started to give me ssri and benzos (unuseful).... i'm in this condition by 16 months... by august 2013

12. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      Amoxicilline is a relative safe antibiotic is a synthetic penicillin.
      Amoxicilline fights partly the borellia and other bacteria (can be other bacteria)
      is a general wide spectrum antibiotic and from least antibiotics that are no ototoxic so the possibility that your T passed because of use ototoxic antibiotic that kills hearing is very very minimal.
      But be careful when you start antibiotics must know what you have
      because therapy with antibiotics takes time if stopped before kill every pathogen
      the remain bacteria have developed resistance to this antibiotic and i you take the same antibiotics in future does not work.
      Iam planning to use amoxicilline because is has safe profile for hearing (no ototoxic in most people).
      If you don't know exactly what you fighting the possibility to fail is high.
      And the worst thing is that you burn (there will be no effective in future because bacteria make mutations and is no more susceptible to amoxicillin) one of the 2-3 no ototoxic antibiotics that exists today.
      If neuroborreliosis exist the best antibiotic therapy is iv ceftriaxone for 2 months.
      ceftriaxone passes brain blood barrier is active against borrelia has little to none ototoxic action.
      I think amoxicilline alone can not kill borellia and not in is this shot time you got it.
      Maybe you have other bacteria "more easy to fight" susceptible to amoxicilline .
      Perhaps the bite was a bee and not bacteria transmitted (the red area was from allergic reaction).

• Useful Useful x 1
    13. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I have been bitten about 4-5 times in my lifetime (all of them in Denmark).

Of one of those times, the bite did develop into a red spot about 3-4 cm in diameter. I happened to have an MRI of my knee the next day, and so while at the clinic, I asked one of the doctors there for an opinion. He said that as long as the red spot does not grow beyond 5 cm in diameter, then there is no need for antibiotics. He prescribed me some just in case. This was 4½ years ago.

As part of the standard suite of tests run on me by the competent doctors at the Acquaklinik, I was checked for Borrelia. The result was negative. Whether false negatives are possible with this test, I do not know. But I trust the doctors who oversee my care at the Acquaklinik (headed by professor Strauss). These guys are not amateurs, I can assure you! As it happens, I will be speaking with the Acquaklink again soon in relation to the drug, Gacyclidine. I will ask the doctor's opinion on the fine arts of testing for Borrelia and how likely it is that someone will catch the disease without developing post infection symptoms. In my opinion, the risk is low. My dogs have had Borrelia, and they were pretty damn sick from it. Mortally sick. So of course they were treated immediately with a same-day appointment at the vet and recovered 100%.

It is my understanding that the ticks in Southern Europe are more likely to cause problems than the ones in the Northern climate. Both of my dogs were bitten in Switzerland.

Given the diameter of your "red spot", it looks potentially serious to me. A course of antibiotics can still help many years later on (confirmed by the doctors I have been meeting with at the Acquaklinik).

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      borrelia is endemic in north/center europe not south. Is lives better in cold situations not hot.
      bartonella is endemic everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I guess this article must be incorrect then...

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Dearest Friends @1MW and @attheedgeofscience i know only this: when i take amoxicilline + pantoprazole the T go away! Now i must investigate, because all neurological symptoms such as tremors, facial spasm, anxiety and depression (never experienced in my life...but there is ever the first time) in one of the best moments of my life ..... I'm too weird. The situation is getting worse. Also my tinnitus is too different from the one with whom I lived for seven years. it is as if one day I were under attack and another does not. (ever without sleep) I'm always tired, and despite the fatigue, antiepileptics, benzos .... I do not sleep!

17. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      The sleep deprivation can give all the symptoms described before.
      The question is what makes insomnia maybe is the same reason that cause insomnia to cause T.
      In T the worst side effect is insomnia because you loose you mind you can not think clear
      you have headache panic tremors and more ...
      This also happens and in people without T if can not sleep.
      The sleep disorder is far more serious than T.
      (When i say north europe i mean north and central because iam in the southest so all for me is north.
      For example from chech/germany to scandinavian countries borrelia exists more and of course usa)

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

I agree. In fact I did not want to say that I have "definitely" these bacteria, but it happened that looking at some of my photos of summer 2013, I found these "souvenir". The period coincides with the beginning of the use of hearing aids and even bite by unknown insect. Since then strange things happen such as: I go to sleep with T 20db .... I wake up in deep night (under the effect of benzodiazepines) with T 80db !!! This happens from August 2013. Hearing aids from June 2013. Bite "perhaps brand" in July 2013. Deterioration tinnitus in August 2013. Effect "waterfall" on the neurological system for 16 months and on the skin by 10 month. It must be investigated or not? I think yes!

19. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      search and for brucella.
      All can be explaint by insomnia the questions what does the insomnia.
      Insomnia can make T worse also you can die from extreme insomnia.
      Many people had all these symptoms from insomnia and the cause was
      sleep breathlessness (the are overweighted / other smoking very hard /others had asthma )
      when they solved the sleep breathlessness they returned to life like magic.
      Before diagnosed has to go in sleep laboratory to examine their sleep with electrodes.
      If you are not obese or smoker or have asthma or other breathing problem then is unlikely to have breathlessness in sleep.
      I know that only some from these that search to cure T cure them.
      Other have it forever some are lucky and passes of it's own.
      But if you search it you have more changes.
      (Some with lyme describe T stop after 6 months of antibiotics / some sooner / some improvement )

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

For some months, dear friend, the night strange things happen. I did not know a neurological problem called "panic night" .... you've never heard of it. When they are finally awake, the malaise is extreme. A very bad thing. there is much more ...like death!

21. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      I have the same panic night.
      I can go for sleep with very minimal T and sleep in the middle of night with very bad T.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

:cry::cry::cry: On this way ....i have no more heart bit....sure i Will dei if i don't found a minimum of relief

23. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Hey viking. Did your internet solve?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

in the next days. now i am from a very slow mobile. please, call Walter White and cook something good! :rockingbanana:

• Funny Funny x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

This morning, I tried to check better all over my body after a shower, ..... I found another "finger" under the fingers of the left foot with a small sign on the side like a puncture. I have no pain. I walk on by I do not know how long and no have pain. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I have no pain!

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
        wtf.jpg
        File size:
        166.9 KB
        Views:
    26. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      @Viking and @attheedgeofscience ...seeing as this thread is getting into Lyme and such I thought I would throw in some dated info c/o my now somewhat hazy memory of my "Lyme tentative diagnosis period" in 2005+
      There are a couple of excellent national Lyme organizations in the USA (one = more West based):
      http://www.lymenet.org/
      http://www.lymedisease.org/lyme101/lyme_disease/lyme_disease.html
      The general feeling here was that "Europe" was behind the curve on Lyme and somewhat in denial about it, but I think that may have changed as awareness developed. Indeed the Europe site looks good too....
      http://www.lymeneteurope.org/...but I think treatment may be more 'experienced and developed' in the USA c/o the long term Lyme practitioners who have seen it metamorphose for so long?! There are big Lyme conferences my docs go to every year for more ideas, etc., etc.

OK a few snippets from my docs who were/are at the forefront of Lyme treatment here in California. In fact I would say 75% of their patients in 2006 were suspected Lyme "hopeless cases" of chronic illness, that other docs had thrown up their hands on and given up knowing what to do...
      ~ The vast majority of patients never remembered getting bitten by a tick.
      ~ If you get bitten by a "nymph" tick, they are so small that it is almost impossible to detect unless a rash develops.
      ~ The consideration was about 75% of these patients with a positive serology never had a rash anyway.
      ~ Rash could develop rapidly or even months later...as could "initial symptoms". (Flu like or similar generally).
      ~ Symptoms could develop within days, or even 10 years or more later.
      ~ Blood tests were all over the place depending on timing. "Western Blot" was good for some time frames. Antibody tests were likewise very time dependent and the infection could go dormant for years with negative results. "Igenex" was considered the best lab for the best results, but many tested negative, but then positive years later.
      ~ Ultimately an overall symptoms presentation was the best form of diagnosis, but was only tentatively confirmed with a therapeutic trial of antibiotics. Tentatively, because so many other things could be happening with response to an antibiotic! (Almost any bacteriological infection...Think how many there could be!).
      ~ Co-infections were dealt with first before going at the Borrelia (Lyme). Each had different treatment protocols.
      ~ Doxycyline was (and still is I believe) the initial "feel it out" antibiotic for Borrelia. Indeed for a while, a one dose, immediate big hit of Doxy' (600 mg - not 200 mg as in texts!) was considered potentially remedial if got a suspicious tick bite. It is not sure now if this works, but when I got a bite in 201o that went red (but no ring) I did it at once as it is one of the few antibiotics that does not affect my T...also Amoxicillin does not, but Amoxicillin is not for this "front line immediate treatment" - though perhaps possible?
      ~ There are many different points of view on treatment steps for Lyme. Burrascano, has different protocols to Klinghardt - and so on. My docs used a multitude of approaches as none seemed to work for "everyone". It is very complex due to all the other possible things that Lyme mimics, etc.
      ~ And so on... It is a huge subject!

However, Viking...if your T goes away when taking "X" antibiotic then I would say that is a MAJOR revelation!!! It seems to me that is very, very different to say "acoustic trauma" induced T. It is in a way much more "hopeful" so to speak (in my eyes anyway).
      The simple explanation, could be...that the neuro-excitation caused by whatever infection you may have, that is suppressed by the antibiotic, is causing the T. Perhaps even our friend Glutamate is involved in the "excitation"??? I have no idea, but for sure the (again) simple view of the docs I mention, was and is, that "endotoxicity" from a pathogen can cause symptoms/illness of many kinds. Knock down the pathogen and the symptoms decrease.

I put it this way in 'street English' yes..."The little bastards inside shit and pee like everything else, and release this crap into one's bloodstream, or interstitial fluid, or whatever...and this is like being poisoned inside all the time - steadily and slowly (or fast if flare-up). Kill these little scum or knock them on their heels and your symptoms decrease...but perhaps after an initial herxheimer reaction, when/as the body also has to process the dead corpses and carcasses of these little microscopic shit-heads as well as their 'waste' too."

Good luck my friend...For sure I would figure out why an antibiotic affects your T, way before I would be trying Retigabine!!!

Best, Zimichael

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Thank you very much @Zimichael for your contribution in my research:
      today i have took in the first morning a low dose of Augmentin (amoxicilline + acide clavulanique)....and T is very lowered. I don't know if it is a placebo effect, but in the past this was a "rule". The same when i developed seasonal fewer and took Augmentin... the T go down to a liveable baseline. Tomorrow i will make a blood test who request 15 days to obtain results. I will update you.

Thank you

Ivan

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Dear friends;

all the tests for the Lyme Disease are negative. I'm living the hell. Hiperacusys is probably defeated by keppra (i'm out by 7 days) but the tinnitus continues to have an incomprehensible conduct.
      I'm sure that i have a neurovascular important compression.
      Today i'm on a catastrophic tinnitus of 90db and 9000hz initially single sided to right side (with eventually facial spasm) but if i woke up there is a change in lateralization all over the head. Yesterday was much tolerable and single sided 25db 6000hz. "All" happen during the night. It is very very strange.
      I'm tryng to manage it with Tolep (Oxcarbazepine) who give relief to facial pain but low efficacy on disabling tinnitus.
      Probably another surgery will be required. I hope that Jeanmonod can do this without re-open my head...
      i'm desperate...
      Thanks all
      Ivan

• Hug Hug x 3
    29. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Try consuming tumeric powder for a couple of months. Look up golden drink. It kills bacterias and infections in your body. Since antibiotics helped reduce T, this might help too. My T is almost non existant after 2 months with one cup daily. This is great stuff. Just ask Walter White.

PS. I know its frustrating to not get a diagnosis, but its a really good thing that its not Lyme youre dealing with

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      I took turmeric capsule for a couple of months, and didn't help my tinnitus,,, is there a difference in the powder and capsule?