Like "Big Daddy" with a Southern Twist...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BigDeddie, Jun 22, 2018.

1. BigDeddie

BigDeddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just as an explanation about the username. My best friend's adopted son started referring to me as Big Daddy - but he was only 4 and it would come out like Deady/Deddie/Diddy and the name just kind of stuck. Didn't take long before the kids at church were calling me Big Deddie too - which was really awkward when they would talk about me to their parents. Needless to say, I received a LOT of strange looks.....then they all just started calling me that.

Anyway, I digress....I have NOT been diagnosed with Tinnitus and I am not 100% sure that I have it. However, I ALWAYS hear what I can only describe as a medium-to-high pitched tone (almost a squeal) and it never seems to go away. There are times when I notice it less, but the moment I think about it - there it is again. When I "hear" it, I almost feel like I have pressure on my ears like I am swimming under water.

Every time I get my ears looked at, by the doc, I seem to always have fluid on one, or both, ears - but they never do anything about it.

There have been nights where I couldn't go to sleep because of it. I am sleep deprived (for other reasons) which seemingly has made it worse today.

Can anyone describe what it sounds like?

I am not paniced nor am I at witts end. This is just really annoying and I feel like I can never have complete silence.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      From your description of the symptoms, it seems like you do have tinnitus, which is a ringing sound in the ears but not a physical sound.

Most members here recommend Melatonin as a more natural substitute than the sleeping pills prescribed by doctor. If you really can't go to sleep and hurting, then you may want to try use something to help you sleep. You can also consider using some soothing nature sounds or music to help mask your T at bed time.

Take care. God bless.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma