Lipoflavonoid for Tinnitus? Helps or Not?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Pat, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Michael Hamond

Michael Hamond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I can say that my ringing has gotten much worse in the last few months, however, the Lipoflavinoids still seem to help in significantly reducing sound spikes. I do still think they are making a difference. It's a terrible time for me right now, but I can say that, when I forget to take one of these pills, things are much worse.

2. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      bot

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Robb09
      Alienated

Robb09 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      buzzing shaver/laptop fan whine/pellet gun/music/caff/wax/ eardrum red
    4. Zildjian

Zildjian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      birth
      I tried Lipoflavanoids it did not improve my tinitis, all it did was raised my blood pressure.
      Users beware it can lead to a stroke.

5. Michael Hamond

Michael Hamond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just an update on my experiment. Sadly, the flavonoids are not working much at all anymore. They did work in reducing the sounds spikes for a few months, but I am not going to continue with them after my current batch is done.

@Robb09 - I have been tested for Meniere's and I do not have it. I am missing one major component of that condition. The latest guess is autoimmune inner ear disorder.

6. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      They did not work for me but they also refunded my money.

7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Is this statement a figure of speech because it did not help your T?

8. Bill W.

Bill W. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      chemotherapy
      I've tried a search on this stuff but I'm getting no results. Anyway I'm very new to this Tinnitus thing, if that's what I have. I don't get in to see a ENT until after the new year. Not sure if I'll jump of a bridge before that so I talked to a pharmacist today and she said that Lipo-Flavonoid might help. Took my first couple of caplets a few hours ago. The company gives a money back guarantee if results aren't achieved in 60 days. Do you folks know if I can expect any improvement and if so how long might it take. Thanks for your help.

9. Knitpick22

Knitpick22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      I have been taking it for over a week along with some Ginkgo and my regular B12 and complex. I'm about 3 weeks in with bilateral T. Going to the ENT on Thursday. Really aggravating! I had people tell me they had success with the supplements...that I needed to give it time...grrrrr

10. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Yes Lipoflavonoid is all poop. Those few people it has "helped", they would have felt better anyway, popping sugar pills.

Placebo and tincture of time is magic for most tinnitus sufferers, except for many of us here who are handicapped by this.

11. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Lipoflavonoid.........Put your money into a bottle of Scotch. Works much better!

12. Knitpick22

Knitpick22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Yes...I am getting discouraged. Good thing I'm generally subdued, happy and laid back in nature. I have a job I love and a coworker who tells me shes lived with T for years. Last Monday I got to work and didn't hear that dentist drill in both ears. I thought it was too good to be true and even covered my ears to see if it really wasn't there...I guess it missed me because its back!

13. Sprazzles
      Worried

Sprazzles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection.
      The ENT I have been seeing suggested I start taking them for a few months. He said that about 50% of his patents see some type of improvement. I am always worried about new medications with the possibility of side effects and such so I haven't started them yet because I was starting some other new medications at the time, but plan to this or next week. I also saw an otoneurologist about my Tinnitus who agreed with my ENTs suggestion to go ahead and try them. He also issued some Thyroid and Audiology Tests. I would recommend seeing a otoneurologist as the appointment was very helpful is possibly leads on what could be causing my T. I am low on B12 as some blood results showed, so the otoneurologist thought that B complex vitamins would be good idea anyways. Since a deficiency in B vitamins specifically B12 can cause Tinnitus. I got my Tinnitus after a bad ear infection with lots of fluid build up, so the doctors I have seen so far are not sure if it is going to be permanent or not. Hope this info helps, I'll be sure to update when I start taking the Lipoflavonoids.

14. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      If you just take a good B-vitamin complex and vitamin C you will get the same thing as you would from LipoF but at 1/3 the cost and in much better dosages. LipoF is just expensive B complex vitamins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Yes because ENTs are useless farts. Their knowledge of tinnitus is so hilarious that they even falsely think "improvement" can be attributed to something like Lipoflavonoid, when the improvement was for nature doing its job, Lipoflavonoids or no lipoflavonoids.

AVOID LIPOFLAVONOID.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    16. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      where can i order?

17. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      You are joking right? Did you read the thread? It's nonsense, won't do a thing for you... Save your hard earned cash.

• Like Like x 1
    18. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      nah im not jk , it worked for some

19. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    20. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    21. Drsknbrg

Drsknbrg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Hi everyone,
      This is my first post to the forums but I've been lurking since the beginning of the month - when the ringing started. I've got mine in both ears and I would describe it as mild, it can be drowned out by ambient noise.

I approached a GP today as a follow up from a visit to a different GP at the beginning of the month. The 1st GP said that I had fluid in my ears and it could be causing my T, he explained that I should give it some time. Today the 2nd GP told me there is no fluid build up. He then proceeded to tell me that he had some trial bottles of this LipoFlavinod I could have - 30 capsules. He explained it was new..

After doing some research and reading the thread I've come to realise that it isn't new. I suspect this GP was influenced to offer these out by a "nutritional rep" to some benefit for his own - maybe that's a bit harsh though.

The Dr told me he'd set me up with a few bottles but just one for now. I'm very skeptical about the outcome of trying these, but it seems for some it has worked. I have to see my Family Dr so that I can get referred to an ENT and establish the source of the T. I'm deeply upset about my T because I feel that it's self inflicted from in ear bud headphones I bought earlier this year.. I have been listening to music too darn loud.

Anyway, this post is suppose to be focused on this supplement. I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens. I'll run 2x 2pills daily to start - but first I'm going to get my blood pressure checked.

Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
    22. Bubba

Bubba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have been taking this for 8 years now. Recently a doctor said that it is just a placebo, so I thought that I would test his theory. Out of 20 days while taking Lipo, and keeping track, I had 4 bad days and 3 bothersome days. Then I stopped taking Lipo for 20 days - I had 4 bad days and 1 bothersome day. So I am going to stop taking it and see how it goes.

23. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      You have a good doctor. Unless you are deficient in the vitamins and minerals within LipoF (which you could purchase from Swanson at 1/3 the cost), then you should not see any difference except in your wallet.

24. jeffhs66

jeffhs66 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      I recently purchased the Lipoflavinoid Plus as a possibly remedy for my tinnitus. This is my first attempt at some kind of remedy. Has anyone had any success with this product or am I wasting my money?

25. Plrich

Plrich Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss
      I took Lipoflavanoid plus for three months and saw no change. At least they refunded my money.

26. Catherine35

Catherine35 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      I have been taking it three times a day for about two weeks now. I swear I have noticed a change. For the better. I have been suffering with T for ten years now. The hearing aids helped in the beginning but then got worse again. I did not notice much from arches formula. I'm pretty shocked it has done anything. My ent gave me three free bottles. Here's hoping it keeps getting better!!!!!!! I'm going insane

27. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
    28. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I bought 360 capsules (2 months supply) hopefully this provides some relief

29. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      That's interesting. I have Meniere's and they work for me too.

30. BettyHasHope

BettyHasHope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ruptured eardrum
      I took lipoflavonoid for almost 2 weeks 6 pills a day. It gave me a upset stomach, loss of appetite, loss of sleep, nausea. I stopped it and I'm feeling better but I'm going to try it out again with maybe just 3 pills a day. I think for my height and weight the dosage was too high. As for the ringing I didn't notice a difference because I was on it a little over a week. Hopefully once I get back on it i use them for a longer period of time. Don't question the pillls just try them for yourself because there's no high price to try and get silence.