Liquid Mirtazapine?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bob bauer, Sep 22, 2017.

1. bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      The pill is too small to cut, has anyone got off mirtazapine by using the liquid? A compounding pharmacy can make it and I can slowly get off this poison.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      Do you think my ringing will get worse if I slowly taper the liquid?

3. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      no, it will not get worse. taper off really slow, and make sure you use appropriate ambient sound, such as very calm music, such as Enya, played at low level, or pink noise, or a CD i find very useful called Restful Rain, which is recording of rain, mixed with white noise. it is very good plan to gradually taper off. i consistently attempt to do this, although i find it extremely difficult, due to my tinnitus being extremely reactive.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      doing a liquid taper of remeron and my ears are going crazy, anyone else done this.

5. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I keep trying to be completely free from mirtazapine. I still take a quarter of a 15mg tablet every 2 or 3 days. If i stop completely my ears go crazy after about 5 or 6 days so I take the quarter. I little mirtazapine with a quarter of a sleeping tablet combination is the only thing that helps me sleep with severe tinnitus. It's difficult to completely stop due to the insomnia and worsening t but I would like to find out if t would improve if I were completely free. I need to sleep so I can function at work. My doctor thinks such low dose of meds is not a problem as he has other t patients on high doses of stronger meds. But I still want to be completely free.