Living with Tinnitus for Quite Some Time and It Gradually Keeps Getting Louder

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Esujin, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Esujin

Esujin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely anxiety and stress
      Hello folks!

I have been listening to this annoying ringing or whistling sound for over 7 years. If i have to describe, it's very similar to the sound coming from old CRT TV. When there is no channel but only blue screen and volume is at max, you can hear this steady "jjjjnnnn" sound http://szynalski.com/tone#13409

At first, it usually used to ring only when i got stressed or hungry. Then few years later, it has become constant though the volume of ringing sound used to vary depending on how stressed or hungry i was at the time. But now regardless of everything, ringing starts with 10% when i wake up and gradually keeps rising to 100% before bedtime. In addition, my situation got worse that one or both of my ears started to get muffled when i get tired or hungry. If my ears are whistling and at the same time both of them got muffled, then i'm legally deaf and mute until i lie down for a while and beg my body to calm the f down.

For the lasts 5 years, my tinnitus has really drained me both physically and mentally but i'm not suicidal or anything. I'm already used to it but no matter how optimistic or indifferent i am, i can actually see that tinnitus is properly ruining my life, especially the communication which is one of the most important aspects of life.

Lately, i am considering to get myself ear apparatus. Is there anyone who are wearing ear apparatus? Is it still effective when your ears are whistling and muffled?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    2. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Hello,

During all this time, did you have a life with a lot of noises ?

Like at work, when you go out with friends, etc...

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are you planning to use it to provide tinnitus sound masking = other sounds for you to listen to besides tinnitus sound?

4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      This sounds like you might have Eustashian Tube Disorder, especially since you say you have muffled hearing sometimes, and EDT can cause tinnitus. It is treatable, this can take weeks or months to clear up, but usually will resolve if approached properly.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Esujin

Esujin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As far as i know, there weren't lot of noises in my life nor had any physical injuries around my head. However, i'm speculating that life under stress and tension during my childhood might have caused my tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Esujin

Esujin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well... i guess not for masking but hearing through tinnitus sound. Even if my tinnitus is gone right now, i'm still left with mild hearing loss, aftermath of tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I think you got this backwards: T doesn't cause hearing loss. HL causes T. If you are lucky and the T fades out, you are left with your HL, but the causality runs from HL to T, not the other way around.

8. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Yes very possible...

Anyway that didn't help... :(

What do you do to help you relax ?

Have peace !

Christophe

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      His T could have been even worse, if he were to be exposed to more noise...

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Esujin

Esujin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your reply. I have a question. If i wear hearing apparatus, will my tinnitus go away?

11. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Many people report improvements with a hearing aid indeed. It doesn't always work, but it's worth a try, especially if your are allowed to have a trial period for free.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Philippe79

Philippe79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June / 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      H.F.H.L.
      It would relieve your tinnitus but not nescesary ‘make it go away’ as such as you would basically be masking the noise and taking your awareness away from the tinnitus by making you more aware of other sounds as the same frequency as your tinnitus.