Loud Environment, Tinnitus Is the Same!

Discussion in 'Support' started by snow47, Nov 30, 2016.

1. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      Last night I went to loud environment. But after that my T is like always, it doesn't change.

I've heard loud noise can increase T, but for me it doesn't have an effect on my T!

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Hi,

Loud noise doesn't guarantee an increase in tinnitus by any means.

But it's a grave mistake to make assumptions about how your ears are going to handle loud noise by just one positive experience.

Any single future loud event, without having your ears protected, could trigger a major, sometimes permanent increase in your tinnitus.

So it's very important not to get all confident that your ears are somehow resilient to loud noise.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      How loud was it? I regularly go to pubs tbat play music which i would guess is around 70 ish decibels. Have never had a problem. I haven't been to a club or concert in a long time though.

4. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Even if you wouldn't have T it would be wise to protect your hearing in loud environments!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Somebody i know went to a gig on Monday and wrote on facebook that his ears were ringing and that was a sign of a good gig. Deary me, I think ots disgraceful that people who go to concerts are not sufficiently warned about hearing damage.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      I think it was loud. but not very loud. I can't say how much.I was there for about two hour. My T started suddenly and not relate to loud explosion. so maybe My T is different type.

7. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Right?? It's insane how little people know about the dangers of loud music. When I first got T it didn't even come to my mind that I could use ear plugs at gigs/in clubs/bars because no one ever told me or did use them around me.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Same here, went to many gigs and had no idea about hearing damage. Why would you? It doesnt seem to be common knowledge at all. Anyway, i see many people on my social media going to gigs and reporting ringing after. If only they knew that the ringing may become permanent at some point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    9. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Markku
      Very well put Markku if I may say so. In the summer of this year, I went into an amusement arcade, where members of the public were playing slot machines. The venue was quite large. With music playing and the sound of people enjoying themselves, 100 decibels was recorded on my sound level meter. I did have my noise reducing earplugs just in case my ears became sensitive but didn't use them. I stayed in that environment for just over 30 mins. It is not something that I would do again or recommend anyone else to try. Fortunately, my tinnitus didn't increase the next day nor did I experience any hyperacusis.

Michael

• Like Like x 2
    10. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I agree @Sam Bridge . If only they new the risks of loud noise exposure. As the saying goes: ignorance is bliss...

• Like Like x 1