Loud Sneezes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fangen, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Fangen
      Paranoid

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      Hey guys.

So I am working at the office and the person next to me let out a loud freaking sneeze that scared me (mostly because I was really concentrated) and now my ear is a little muffled and the T is raging. Should I be worried? I haven't gotten this physical response in my ear to loud, sudden noises before :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. PrizeFighter23

PrizeFighter23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Hi Fangen! I can relate with this, as I have a few co-workers that talk loud, sneeze, or cough extremely loud as well.

You said that you haven't had your T react to loud noises before. Did the noise perhaps startle you? Stress and anxiety can absolutely cause T to spike, or even just SEEM like it's spiking, because your body can go into "protection mode" and is looking for anything that can be a threat.

3. PrizeFighter23

PrizeFighter23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @Fangen Btw, love the avatar. Overwatch is fantastic. What platform do you play on?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Paranoid

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have had cars honking and sirens going off (of course I hold my hand over my ears when they come by, so loud) and things like that, but I don't know if the stress combined with the startle was just setting off the T (and/or anxiety). I hope it is just reactive to the sound right now, or that I am just in a general stress due to the workload today. I don't know, sneezes can be loud but I am sure I've been subjected to louder noises. A sneeze is only a second or so, but my T's reaction just scared me into being worried I suppose :(

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Paranoid

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I play on PS4! :) More than happy to play with you if you are on PS4 too! :D

6. PrizeFighter23

PrizeFighter23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @Fangen It's understandable to be worried about any sudden change in your T. We're all here because we're a bit high strung :p. I feel confident that it will settle down when you're a little less anxious or stressed out. Increases blood pressure can make your T spike as well.

I play on PS4 too! I've been a little absorbed in Life is Strange right now, but I definitely want to check out Ana! If you want, shoot me a PM with your gamertag and I'll add you! :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Paranoid

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for the kind words. My T has been going on for almost 10 months now, I have had a lot of scares and up and downs, never really where my ears have reacted this much. Which is why I suddenly threw logic out of the window and went into full catastrophic mode. Hopefully it goes back soon :(
      I'll shoot away a PM to you now! As you already can tell, D.va is my main but I think I am a fairy decent Mercy too (unless the team decides to split up all over the map and leave me with the enemy team!).

8. Apocalypse77
      Sad

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      @Fangen Did your T go back to normal level? My grandmother just sneezed about 1 meter away where I was sitting. Scared the crap out of me. My right ear feels maybe little full or maybe I am just imagining it. I have read that sneezes can be as loud as 120 dB. :(