Low-Frequency Fleeting Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Falconfox, Nov 16, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      Has anyone experienced this? Just happened to me on one of my bad days and really ripped me up emotionally inside but quickly went away just like fleeting T.

2. MidnightOilAudio
      Wishful

MidnightOilAudio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      What is "low frequency" to you? My regular T is around 11kHz. So even a 1kHz tone is "low" to me.

But yes, I do get that from time to time.

3. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      Not sure what the frequency was, honestly I'd rather forget about it. it was just much lower than anything I've experienced so far. I've experienced fleeting T long before the onset of T but never anything like that.

4. MidnightOilAudio
      Wishful

MidnightOilAudio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      I'm still not sure that I experience more fleeting T than I used to before the onset of my constant T. It sure SEEMS like it, but I may just pay more attention to it.

A couple months ago I was driving on the freeway (windows up, radio on) and I got a LOUD blast of what seemed around 7 or 800hz fleeting tinnitus. It was so loud that I heard it over the radio and road noise. Guess what? Nothing changed with my regular T. It wasn't the sign of anything ominous.

5. Gin
      Curious

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      I did have fleeting low frequency T. It would sound like an engine or thunder. Mostly felt like humming on the back of my neck. It would stop went I spoke then come back. It did this for several months off and on. It would come stay for a few days then leave. One time it stayed 15 days. About killed me. Steroids knocked it out for a couple of weeks. Came back recently and stayed, on day 33. I started lipoflavnoids last Wed. I know it is still there but about 80% quieter.