Low Point

Discussion in 'Support' started by Imshael, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      I've dealt with depression before. I thought that last year was an all time low, where I just couldn't see a point to anything anymore. Went outside maybe once a week. Didn't clean my apartment for three months. Even though I didn't really consider suicide, I thought about dying everyday. I thought that that was as bad as it would get.

But this is worse. My tinnitus isn't that bad, so I shouldn't complain. There are so many people out there that are having such hard lives from the moment they are born. I've been lucky. I know that. But right I literally feel like I'm going crazy, like there is no way out. I was doing better, but during the last couple of days it has really gone downhill, really fast. The fear of it becoming worse, the sound itself. I don't see how I'll be able to live with this for the rest of my life.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. reeax

reeax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      muscular neck issues
      Try to solve your other life issues, take an appointment with a competent psychotherapist (behavioral therapy will probably indicated) - and force yourself to go each week. Once you improve other areas in your life, you will see that tinnitus will be much easier to manage.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Hi Imshael,

You need to refocus yourself somehow. Fear is a natural instinct. Do not let that overwhelm you now. There is not anything to be afraid of. Keep yourself busy with anything you like to do. Believe it or not sometimes I will do a jigsaw puzzle and my mind gets so involved with all the pieces to get together. I think you said somewhere you have a really bad winter? So you are probably stuck inside with nothing to do?

Find a project. Do you have hobbies or other stuff that interests you?

Most of all just know you will be okay. Believe it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I know the feeling @Imshael. I'm down in the dumps too worrying about my ear plus everything else. You're not alone. :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Imshael ,
      Your having a bit of a anxiety wobble and it will pass.
      You are coping better so don't look back on how depressed you got as will make you dought yourself again.
      Take one day as it comes and don't try judge your future as that carn't be judged just reach out for the good things in life as each day comes..
      Love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Starthrower thank you for your advice. Tinnitus has unfortunate taken a lot of joy out of the thing I like. As a massive introvert, I like to do a lot of quiet, alone things, which is no good when you have T. I do however manage to forget about it when I really focus on something, just as you said.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    8. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      What can we find for you to focus on? There are a couple on line jigsaw puzzle sites which are good for when you are stuck inside because of your winter weather. How about organizing a closet? I love doing that. Not sure if guys are into it. Take all your clothes out of the closet or dresser and get rid of older stuff and fold your other stuff and make it all neat.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Starthrower might try that tomorrow actually, my closet is a bit full. Thanks for the tip!

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks. We're all in this together.

11. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I second this idea. One day many years ago I was all alone and freaking out with anxiety and I decided to organize my massive book collection. I started to compile a list of every book I had. The project ended up taking months to complete. It was something I could do on days when I couldn't do anything else. Probably because it didn't require much thought, but it kept me busy and most importantly, it was something I had control over.

• Like Like x 1