LSD Reduced My Hyperacusis by 95% (I've Been Good for 2 Weeks Now)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hyper Tintin, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Hyper Tintin
      Balanced

Hyper Tintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 week in the woods in a storm that lasted as long.
      I don't have much more to say than it still feels weird to wake up without any ear pain. I just wanted to get it out there. If even one person sees this, my post has done its job.

I wish you the best of luck!

P.S. if you have any questions, just ask and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

P.P.S. It should be the same effect as taking mushrooms in Amsterdam which is entirely LEGAL (and safe). You can join a treatment program there which is guided and supervised.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Hi @Hyper Tintin.

Congratulations on what seems to be a remarkable recovery. Could you please elaborate on your experience? Perhaps you could give us some more info:

- cause of tinnitus/hyperacusis
      - how long you’ve had it
      - other vestibular symptoms aside from tinnitus and hyperacusis
      - how long after did you take LSD
      - how long and at what dosage

I think that wood really help others understand the mechanisms at play here.

I also want to clear up one comment you made. LSD is not the same as Psilocybin. They are both psychedelics and they both increase BDNF and mTOR, however they act on different receptors. LSD acts on additional receptors such as 5-HT2A which ultimately affects TNFα, IL-6 and IL-2 which do not seem to be affected by psilocybin.

Nonetheless, your experience is interesting and we would like to hear more.

• Good Question Good Question x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
    3. Marin
      Happy

Marin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL (probably previous noise exposure, too)
      Dude, you won the lottery! Enjoy those pain free ears! Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask if you microdosed the LSD, took a single trip, or if it took multiple trips for the hyperacusis to go away?

Also, what type of ear pain did you have? Burning, stabbing, aching? Was your hyperacusis mild, moderate, or severe?

You know the rest of us suffering are all just dying to know more details! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Marin
      Happy

Marin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL (probably previous noise exposure, too)
      I agree that LSD and Psilocybin are different, but I thought Psilocybin acted on 5-HT2A?

Study Confirms Psilocin Binding to 5-HT2A Causes Psilocybin Psychedelic Experience

I’ve also seen at least one report where a man cured his RA with Psilocybin:

Case Report: Resolution of Rheumatoid Arthritis in a Patient Consuming Psilocybin Mushrooms

From what I’ve seen, both of these psychedelics have potential to be power anti-inflammatory agents.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      Please do not disappear from this forum like others have done in the past after reporting success never to be heard of again.

It's really important that we as a community can gain some insight into your pathology to see who this type of treatment might work for. Many will have questions, so I encourage you to please stick around at least for a while and answer them all. You've been given a new lease of life - a second chance - so please try to use that opportunity to help others.

• Agree Agree x 5
    6. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry, you are correct. LSD acts on additional receptors 5HT2B and C, 5HT-1, and D1-3; Psilocybin only inhibits the 5HT2A transporter.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hyper Tintin
      Balanced

Hyper Tintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The cause of my tinnitus/hyperacusis is a storm in 2015 that lasted for 5 days and nights. I was out most of that time except for nighttime. The wind blowing around in the ear and the constant high pitched noise from rustling leaves was probably the cause for this. (I was already a bit sound sensitive though).

The trip to go on a trip:

I went to Amsterdam and took a dose of LSD 150-200 ug. The whole LSD-trip I focused on my chronic tension inside and around the ear and in the jaws (that comes from the conscious/unconscious protecting my ears from further hurt). I was so tired of being tense and never being able to relax. I had a notion that LSD would help me with that.

Some details though:

I'm on antidepressants which dampens the LSD effect immensely. No visual distortions at all. Combining those might lead to Serotonin Syndrome which can be lethal so be cautious! I also started vaping pot after about 4 hours. The trip lasted from 11 am to 11 pm.

My hyperacusis is starting to come back a little bit. I'd say my pain is currently reduced by 75% from where I started. But I don't fear the pain the same way anymore which means it doesn't lead to more tension that'll exacerbate the problem.

Maybe I need to redo this trip at some point?

Bonus effects:

My nerves are calmer and I have a accumulated a sense of worth and integrity that I didn't have before.

Hope that answers some of your questions. I'll keep replying to help you the best I can.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the update. You're definitely correct about the dangers of mixing ADs with psychedelics as it can cause Serotonin Syndrome. I am not surprised by your outcome as I just posted someone's similar experience with Psilocybin in a large dose.

Is your tinnitus gone as well?

9. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      So what? They don't have hyperacusis in the other dimension?

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hyper Tintin
      Balanced

Hyper Tintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • No, this has not affected my tinnitus. All the sounds are the same although they don't carry the same weight as they're no longer 100% synonymous with the ear pain. (That's a win as well now that I think about it!)

• Do you mean his/her outcome was less pain or that they didn't get any visuals because the SSRI dampened the whole thing?

The weird thing was I felt bored during the whole trip... I was also bored the day after. Everything felt very anticlimactic, like there was an itch that didn't quite get scratched, something's holding you back (same sense as when the SSRIs prevents you from getting an orgasm :cautious:)

I don't know if the trip was boring per se, the feeling of being bored was probably just induced by the struggle between LSD trying to do something and SSRI putting a damper on everything.

I have a question:
      Does your hyperacusis prevent you from taking deep natural breaths? Since I got mine, all my breathing has been restricted, like your sipping air in a shallow way. Probably because deep breaths makes much more noise/vibration and that hurts my ears.

That has gotten so much better for me, but there is still that muscle memory active so I tend to still do that off and on depending on the activity. During the trip my body opened up and felt the need to take really natural deep breaths, it was like going back in a time machine to before you had the injury in a way.

• Like Like x 1
    11. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      What anti-depressants and dosage are you on ?

Congratulations by the way :)

12. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I find this so strange. LSD is known to either cause tinnitus or complete eradicate it (and hyperacusis). The dosage also seems equivalent to @Hyper Tintin.

Here is another report:

"On a completely unrelated note though, I suffered from bad tinnitus for about a year straight until I randomly took some LSD before a Phish concert in 2010. Within 30 min of ingesting the "static" noise in my right ear was completely gone. I know correlation does not equal causation but I can't help but think the LSD had something to do with it. Been completely free of it since that experience."

And yet another report of LSD "curing" tinnitus:

lsd-tinnitus.png

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Good thing too; I hear those Machine Elves really make a racket....

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. JK888
      Disapproved

JK888 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neurological
      I'm not sure where you got this info, but both Psilocybin and LSD work on 5ht2a. Both have very strong anti-inflammatory properties and reduce TNFα, IL-6 and IL-2.

The psychoactive properties of LSD are just longer lasting.

15. JK888
      Disapproved

JK888 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neurological
      I might be able to shed some light here. Look into the "Entropic Brain Hypothesis". The idea is that being under the influence causes very disordered brain activity. It is the equivalent of pulling everything out of your drawers and off the hangers in order to organize your closet. You make a big mess, and then you can start reorganizing.

Psychedelics cause auditory hallucinations. I think that hearing it once can be enough to shift someone's perception, at least temporarily. So I am not surprised about the reports of LSD causing tinnitus.

This is what it can sound like:

Most Realistic DMT Trip Audiovisuals (1080p)

I don't think that we hear such a mix of results because this is not a substance that "stops tinnitus". It is a substance that causes absolute chaos in the brain, and when the pieces fall back into place we are more malleable and flexible. Flexible enough to reach habituation.

I don't think any of the stories I've read involve frequent enough use to involve the anti-inflammatory mechanism.

16. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you literally read my next post you’ll read that I made an error and was talking about 5HT2B and C receptors.

17. JK888
      Disapproved

JK888 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neurological
      Yeah, I was too quick on the trigger. And I couldn't figure out how to delete. I apologize.

TNFa blocking may play a part in the resolution of my headache.

I was reading this article and was overly excited:

Brain Inflammation Identified as Potential Target to Treat Tinnitus

@Lukee,

This is the chart my neurologist sent me when we were working out some issues with nausea. 5HT2b receptors are responsible for the heart valve problems that were associated with Phen Fen. That is why it was pulled off the market.

158753556_3989557001097228_4421267015110026484_n.jpg

18. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      Can you get the active ingredient of LSD/mushrooms without the hallucination part?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    19. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not as it sits right now. There is a lot of research going into this and although they’ve isolated the compounds responsible, there is still a lot of debate whether or not the trip plays a crucial role in healing effects of psychedelics.

• Informative Informative x 2
    20. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      Mmm... I’m from Ireland and we have some of best magic mushrooms in the world. They appear around September... maybe worth a shot.

Though the only result will probably be just end up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation freaking out.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hyper Tintin
      Balanced

Hyper Tintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An update.

The effects have worn off a bit, but it's still an improvement. Some sounds that hurt me before the trip now just annoy me after a while instead of hurting... like my darn fridge :banghead:

So I guess it's a net positive still. :)

• Like Like x 1
    22. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey @Hyper Tintin, can you give us a further update? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Yes, I am experiencing this, not 24/7, but a lot of the time everyday. I can't take deep breaths because it makes the throbbing and pressure feeling I have in my ears worse.

I am nearing the end of my rope. My hyperacusis is so bad, that it's starting to prevent me from speaking, so I am even considering psychedelics. I'm desperate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I took an analogue of LSD called AL-LAD recently. It's very similar to LSD, just more recreational. I also took 4-HO-MET at the same time. This is an analogue of shrooms that is more recreational. I've done this twice in two weeks.

I also took 2CB another day in between. I was taking Ketamine during all trips too.

I had tinnitus and hyperacusis beforehand. Still have both, the exact same after. Even during the trips it was all the same.

Anyway, doesn't mean it'll be the same for everyone else but it's definitely not some miracle cure.

Perhaps because these chemicals lack some of the more ego death type effects, they were not effective therapeutically. They really just have more colourful visuals and shorter action time than the parent compounds.

I took standard doses too, nothing wild.

I'll be tripping again for sure and will update if anything changes.

• Like Like x 1