Man, This Reactive Tinnitus I Have Is Just Getting Worse. Last Night Was Horrible...

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Jun 5, 2017.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      If you all have seen my recent post, I've acquired reactive T. After being habituated for a year and a half now to my hissing tone, I've gone back to my dark days. A month and a half ago I woke up to this mild high pitched sound that reacted to stuff like running water and ceiling fans and such.

But never did I imagine I would develop into what I have now. I keep acquiring new tones. All reactive. I've gotten a hum. Some crickets. And just last night, I acquired a vibrating turbine type of noise. Like... it sounds like an idle car is sitting outside my house. This is the one that really bothers me. I was sleeping well for the most part the past month. But for the past 5 days, ever since getting my humming tone, I been sleeping like crap lately. I don't sleep until like 5 Am. I sleep until 9-10. But now it's got worse with this vibrating noise. I just hate how real it sounds. Doesn't feel in my head or ears, it sounds like it's outside of me. Have bad anxiety right now!

I'm so damn scared of my future guys. I'm afraid it's only going to worse and worse and eventually I'm going to be suicidal. I'm not sure what's making it worse. Maybe it's my constant anxiety of new tones that actually giving me new tones. I'm not sure.

All I know is that I'm extremely scared. I have no motivation to do anything. I began working it months ago. Worked out 3-4 times a week and now I only work out once every 7-10 days because I just cannot bring myself to do so.
      What am I going to do? I expect to be getting new tones in the future seeing as how I can't stop getting any.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry to hear it and a bit in the same boat. I got a low humming sound 2 weeks ago and it is really unpleasant to hear. It also increases intensity randomly and nobody has answers.

Do you hear the hum when you plug your ears? I can't.

I hope it'll all work out for us eventually.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Getting new tones can make us all nervous. I remember when i got my new microwave/air conditioner/lawn mower tone. I was like what the hell, why..why the new tone. Well, i was under lots of stress and i was in loud places and things were just loud.

It did take time, but i did get use to it. Don't have fear about the future, we live life day by day and do our best to make that day count.

please protect your ears and be good to yourself :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @CarloZ

Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time at the moment. Have you been examined at ENT? If so have you had any treatment for you tinnitus? Your reactive tinnitus is actually "hyperacusis" sensitivity to certain sounds. It comes in different levels of severity. If your tinnitus was originally caused by exposure to loud noise, then it's likely you also acquired the hyperacusis and it hasn't been treated or cured and that's the reason I feel you're having problems. If you listen to music through headphones I advise you not to. If you go to places where loud music is played, it's probably a good idea to give that a rest for a while.

I have written and article on tinnitus that you might find helpful the link is below. There is also a link to my post: Hyperacusis, As I see It. If you follow some of the suggestions I believe it'll help your sensitivity to sound. If you are able to get help with a Hearing Therapist or Audiologist for tinnitus and hyperacusis management it can be helpful.

Try to read the articles in full and not skim through them.

All the best
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/