Me Too

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by __erikson, Oct 9, 2017.

1. __erikson

__erikson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow
      Hello I‘m 16 years old and I have my tinnitus since spring 2017... I hear a deep sound in my right ear and since today I hear a sound like a mosquito in my left ear. I really got in panic and now I can‘t sleep anymore.

I can not imagine a reason for this tinnitus because I have holidays and I am not stressed or anything like that, I also didn‘t listen to loud music in my past.

So I hope the sound in my left ear will go away and the sound in my right ear to. The hope dies last. Never give up.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Try to protect your ears from moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner or a hair dryer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Your chance is a lot better than most who have tinnitus from loud/sound induced environments. It might fade and go. You never know how tinnitus will act up. Do protect your ears as bill said.

Take care...

4. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      If you don't know the cause, get in with a doctor and see if you can start figuring it out. There are many causes of tinnitus and some of them are treatable. The GP is the first place to check (looking for wax build-up, obvious signs of infection, etc.), and you will probably then be sent to an audiologist (hearing test) and then an ENT (expert on the ears/nose/throat). Depending on your location, there may be a long wait to get in with the ENT... You can ask to be put on the cancellation wait list.

For sleeping, try sound enrichment, that has really helped me especially early on. A few good nights of sleep can do wonders for your attitude/outlook. Experiment with sounds like white noise, nature sounds (rain/running water), hopefully you can find something that helps distract you from the internal sound and is more relaxing which can help you get some sleep. You could try a dedicated white noise machine or just plug a phone or PC into a decent set of speakers, or for better results you could try out a sound pillow or headband... There are lots of tracks on YouTube, there were some provided to you when you signed up on this forum (check your "Inbox"), and I used the TMSoft White Noise app which has many sounds and allows mixing them together.