Member from Hawaii

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fixedgear808, Oct 16, 2016.

1. fixedgear808
      Starving

fixedgear808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      since childhood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      frequent childhood ear infections
      Hello, everyone.

I posted here once a long time ago, but never introduced myself.

My name is Duane and I've had tinnitus most of my life. The likely causes could have been the frequent ear infections I had as a child, as well as listening to loud music. I've had it for so long that I thought it was normal and was quite surprised to learn otherwise.

There was this one time when I was in bed and noticed that it had stopped completely. Rather than being relieved, I was actually quite alarmed since it didn't seem to be normal not to hear it anymore and I found an odd sense of relief when it returned.

I usually barely notice it, though sometimes it gets quite loud and it's loudest when I'm in a very quiet room. There's nothing special about my case.

I've blogged about some of the fake cures that have popped up and I've been quite surprised and happy to see how many people have hit on my posts. People have mentioned how my blog on a particular product had actually stopped them from buying it, especially Tinnitus Terminator.

I make a point in my blog to always encourage people with tinnitus to come here for the support you all give and I appreciate all of you for making people's live better.

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Nice to see you Duane.

You seem to be someone who has accepted this well and moved on. Congrats. I have said a few times that if they ever find a cure, I might need therapy to get used to no ringing!! So I "hear" you loud and clear!

Stay well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Duane,

It's great that you are on this site and others can read your message and hopefully become encouraged by it!

4. rzhang
      Transparent

rzhang Member

There's a TT member from Hawaii who hosts tinnitus support groups in Honolulu I'm pretty sure. @christine kauhane Feel free to contact her for more information.

5. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Aloha everyone just stoping by , yes I have a group page called tinnitus in paradise feel free to join ..