Mid 30's / Post Vertigo Attack Cured with Epley Maneuver — 3 Days Later I Get Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Darian, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Darian
      Jaded

Darian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a week but had it before randomly
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hello - first a little history

In my late 20's I once went to a concert so loud that I had tinnitus for like 1-2 months.
      Somehow it went away on its own - fast forward like 8 years later I got a Vertigo attack out of nowhere and I was told by the Dr. it was BPPV and that it can be cured with Epley maneuver and it did.

I've gotten the BPPV vertigo attack 3 times since last 3 years - but the last time I got it ( about a 2 weeks ago, 3 days later I now got tinnitus for about a week already - it's mild like level 1 on my right ear - and a level 2 on my left ear - but my left ear tinnitus fluctuates from a 2 to 5 (especially one night when I had a nightmare)

Few concerns I will ask my Dr.

#1. Will it go away like the last time ?

#2. Does it have anything to do with my BPPV and is it BPPV or Meniere's disease?

#3. Is the terbinafine 250 ml I'm taking responsible for my tinnitus?

#4. My mom suffers from BPPV, does it run in the family, but my mom does not currently have tinnitus, she's only had it randomly thought her life for a while.

I'm currently on a medications called terbinafine 250 ml, since 2 months ago, but I heard a very low % of people experience tinnitus - but I'm discarding this as my possibility for tinnitus since I have had tinnitus for like 2 weeks straight one time even before took the terbinafine.

If anyone knows any info on my case please help.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Darian,
      It's always wise to get checked out with vertigo and tinnitus to rule out inner ear problems as symptoms can take a while to develop.

love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1