Mild SNHL and Tinnitus for 7 Months: Anxiety Is Making It More Difficult to Habituate

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bevann, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Bevann

Bevann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 27,2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I was just looking for some uplifting information on habituation with mild SNHL. I’ve had tinnitus for 7 months and I have a history of anxiety. I feel like the history of anxiety is making it more difficult to habituate. I’m taking benzodiazepines to survive. Thank you all for your time.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Yes anxiety is one of those causes of tinnitus. It tends to turn on the limbic nervous system and get us into the fight or flight mode of functioning. As such tinnitus seems louder or more intense. Saying that, it is not something that will stop us from habituating to tinnitus but it will take time. I know anxiety too well. In fact I have a history of suffering from anxiety/panic disorder for decades and also PTSD from a family tragedy. So I know how it can hurt but I also know that it is a winnable battle even with a weak nerves. For brevity, I enclose the link below to my success story and you can find out how I have recovered from the nightmare of ultra high pitch T and severe hyperacusis. Hope some of those strategies will help you. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bevann

Bevann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 27,2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you this helps

• Hug Hug x 1