Mom Who Needs to Vent

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kim05, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Kim05

Kim05 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Friend yelled in year at a loud venue
      So a couple years ago I was drunk in a club and dancing right by a speaker when I left my left ear was ringing so bad! I went through fear and depression for a couple months and thankfully it went away! Never had any issues again. I now have a 9 month old baby and a couple weeks ago I went out for a friends birthday party. I was sober and made sure to stay away from any speakers. My friend who was drunk yelled directly in my ear when trying to talk to me and I immediately had pain. When I left I noticed my ear was ringing. It's now been two and a half weeks and it's gotten better but I still hear buzzing with some white noise out of my ear. It's been stressful because my baby loves to scream a high pitch scream and I've been on edge when I'm around her. I'm worried that her screaming will make it worse. I feel so bad that my mood has been affected by this. She's just a sweet baby having fun, I just want to go back to normal!

I went to the dr last Friday and he said everything looks completely normal and that it will probably go away in a couple months time. I'm just venting since I've been so anxious and no one I know can relate. I hate feeling this way. Her screams never bothered me before I just feel so guilty that I'm so on edge when we are playing. Im trying to not let it over come my thougths it's just been difficult!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Rich0082

Rich0082 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi there.

I too have young kids, a girl 3 and a 5 month old baby. When I am struggling with my T I wear ear defenders around the kids, the sort you get from B&Q. They can be unpredictable and I find if I'm not worried about their noise then I can interact with them much more. The kids don't know any better and I the 3 year old asks why I have them on I tell her and she's fine with it.

We all need to vent sometimes and this is the place to do it.

Richard

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Perhaps when you ears are so unstable but you need to attend to your baby, you can try musician earplugs. Google that to see if you need that. These plugs allow the normal sounds to come through but not the extremes. So perhaps they will help buffer the scream of any sudden loud sounds. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kim05

Kim05 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Friend yelled in year at a loud venue
      Thank you both! I bought some ear plugs from a local drug store and they don't really block too much sound out. I'll have too look into a higher quality ear plug. Maybe that will make me less anxious when I'm trying to take care of my sweet girl. It just makes me so bummed I'm so sensitive to her many sounds right now. I hope I'm not this sensitive always. Part of me thinks maybe it's just mental, I wasn't feeling this sensitive the first week of the ringing. Just went about like normal. The dr also said he highly doubts my little one screaming will make it worse.