Morning Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jordyn, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Jordyn
      Angelic

Jordyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 10/17 - in remission, late July/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - possibly earphones.
      My tinnitus (prob headphone use induced) used to be severe then simmered down a lot to the point that I never notice it in waking hours and I can sleep now at night.

But I still get ringing in the morning much milder than before of course but just wondering if anyone experienced this going away eventually.

My first onset was June when it was severe -- settled down in about 4 weeks -- I have been vigilant about protecting my ears and not using headphones.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Ralphe
      Alone

Ralphe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      26 July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Work Conference, loud speaker placed in hall entrance way.
      Hello - how early in the morning? Do you get a good night's sleep? Mine unfortunately wakes me up at the inconvenient time of 3:30am, it is 5:50am now.

• Hug Hug x 3
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jordyn
      Angelic

Jordyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ya i can sleep through it. it's not crazy loud but just louder than during the day. i would say when i wake up for work it's going...so maybe 5-6 am. if it's just an hour or two nap it usually doesn't happen. it used to wake me up at 4am when it was louder and more severe and it would keep me up too. i used to resort to sleeping upright in a semi recliner chair. for some reason it wouldn't be as loud. have u tried that?

4. Halsy

Halsy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept. 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abscess tooth
      Mine started just over a month ago - deets in my intro in the intro forum - but now that my BP is down - though my anxiety and depression is up - I find the same thing. In fact I was just going to ask about that. Several times in the past 2 weeks I've woken up and I could have swore it was gone at first. Then for the first half hour or so it was really quiet but still barely there. And only when I got really awake and moving did it pick up. And I'm finding it's generally worse in the evening starting around 8pm until midnight. Then it can oscillate a bit but I'll read and listen to my sounds - usually water of some sort - and drift off and it'll be there but mild.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jordyn
      Angelic

Jordyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yours sounds a bit different.
      generally when i wake up it's there and goes away after i get up and start my day. before bed i don't notice anything and nothing happens again till i open my eyes next morning.

Oddly enough, this morning it's quieter - not sure why. maybe cause my hubby wailed on a tight knot i had on my shoulder last night that was causing some pain. maybe something nerve or stress related idk!!

6. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Mine usually starts out medium or loud in the morning, a sort of white noise effect (for lack of a better term), then turns into a higher pitch tone at various volumes for most of the rest of the day, interspersed with the fullness effect, and by late evening if I'm lucky the high pitched ringing abates a bit an hour or so before bed. This morning upon waking the white noise sound wasn't too bad, low in fact, maybe because I didn't go outside much yesterday. There is noise now though, about an hour after waking up, but it's not terrible.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      My tinnitus is at its worst in the morning

• Agree Agree x 1