Morse Code Sound Changing Tones/Advice?

Discussion in 'Support' started by kevin89carolina, Apr 26, 2014.

1. kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      After the last couple days I've noticed my tinnitus or whatever it is changing tones

At first it started out with a loud morse code beeping similar to the buttons on the microwave. I could hear it over everything and if I put my fingers over my hears I could hear it loudly.

The last couple of days it's changed to almost a metallic sound. Like a rock caught in a dryer or a shovel being dragged across asphalt. Similar to the sound of a buzz saw cutting through wood. That's the closest I can describe it.

I hear it mostly all day, seems to be a little quieter. When I put my fingers over my ears, it's not as noticeable. But who knows. Does this mean healing? Or is it just transitioning into something else? Any thoughts or reply's would be appreciated.

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hey kev no one knows for sure but when mine started to improve it started to change tones. I would take it as a good sign. The fact that it's harder to hear is great.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      One thing I noticed. The reason why I'm posting this is because it's interesting and I want to see if anybody else ever gets this or had it.

I was just in the bathroom and the toilet was hissing/feeling up with water and that just made the morse code noise in my head go off/get louder. So I went over to the toilet to see if it was just me or if the toilet was making the beeping noise. When I got right on it the morse code got louder. So I closed my ears and the metallic morse code was going crazy. When I took my fingers off my ears the beeping morse code was there. So whatever it is, it gets louder when there's a steady stream of white noise or fan going. I don't know. Just looking for answers

• Like Like x 1
    4. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I believe the one thing you will find out about t is none of us knows what it is going to do. Like many will tell you is it is all how you react to it. The best advice I have gotten here is to stop trying to figure it out, you won't. Try to enjoy yourself, take a walk, get good sleep, exercise, talk to a friend, do things that occupy your mind so it will not focus on the sounds, you must teach your brain to find other things to listen too. I know it is not easy, but you will get there, I am still struggling but have to admit I have gotten better. I would have never thought that 4 months ago, but the people here are fantastic, listen to them and follow their advice, it works, it takes time but it works. Hang in there, better days are ahead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Kev that's exactly what would happen to me. Running water, toilets, certain other sounds as well.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      Did this sound ever go away completely for you?

7. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      It's mostly gone. Sometimes comes back but I'd say it's like 90 percent gone. I'm still at three month so I have a feeling it will go completely.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      What caused the sound for you?

9. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      It all started with an ear infection. I suspect that I made it worse with qtips though

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      See that worries me. Mine was caused by a gunshot compared to an ear infection. Idk, maybe it's the same thing. Just tough to hear everyday

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      The thing is I'm not even trying to listen for it, at all. I was just at a friends house with a ton of people and we were playing foozball. Music was playing, not too loud. I had cotton balls in my ears and I can still hear this crazy morse code feedback noise.

It comes from sounds entering my ears. When the music is playing it's like there's crazy feedback coming out of the speakers but it's in my head. It's really loud and distorted, even with cotton balls in my ears. I can take the high pitched constant tone, it at least can be masked. But this other one, it's just a whole new monster.

Is there anybody else on here that's dealt with the sound I'm currently dealing with? It's terrifying.

• Winner Winner x 1
    12. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Kev as far as the actual damage occurs they are the same thing. They both damage the tiny hair cells on the inner ear so I don't see much of a difference.

13. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hey Kev after my noise exposure in January I too experienced a morse code noise or a house alarm noise as I described it.But it did go eventually but your not the only one to experience this.I was reading other stories online and one was interesting.It was a girl who was studying for exams in college,she was studying one night while playing classical music in the backround.When she had finished she turned off the music when she noticed an alarm or morse code sound going off in her ears this lasted a few weeks and eventually went away.It was interesting as she was not exposed to noise but still experienced this.Also I read somewhere that when the auditory nerve is compressed people have reported hearing typewriter noises or morse code noises so I dont know if youve had this checked or not but if you continue to experience this it might be worth investigating.Best wishes Bill

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kevin89carolina

kevin89carolina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 30, 2014
      Thanks for the reply Bill.

I'm getting an MRI done Tuesday and I'll be seeing another ENT Wednesday. Mine doesn't sound like clicking or a type writer. It's a lot like reehhh reh rehh rehhhhh reh reh rehhh reh. Like the sound of a buzzsaw cutting through wood, or a shovel being dragged across pavement. When the music plays loud it's like super loud feedback/whistling coming out of the speakers. Other times it's like morse code beeping. Whatever it is, it's super annoying and stress inducing. I really really hope this goes away over time. The loud ringing and hissing is enough as it is

15. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Within the last months, this beep bep beeeep bep beeeeeep has pretty much gone away. Now its more like a solid ring and it sounds like they resonate between my ears... + a hiss in the morning that passes within the first hours.. The two last days has been the best days for me since it started.. Seems like better times are ahead. Or at least I hope so :)

16. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Soo looks like i can get added into this
      Morse code thread!!! Well my Ts been louder tonight for some reason maybe cause i had a few drinks earlier but outta no where i hear this be be be be beeeeeeep in and out like that constant and its real soft and quiet then all
      A sudden gets loud!!!!! What it exactly sounds like is a computer motum running and that noise it makes and then like when your loadin up a page and it slowly loads that noise it makes. Idk but its freakin me out!!!!! I noticed i had this real soft beep ever since T its usually unaudible but tonite its louder !

17. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Morse code conversation
      This is almost exactly what my beeping sounds like except mine may be a lil bit more highee in pitch. I feel like aliens are trying to communicate with me or something

18. Art Vandalay

Art Vandalay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1979
      Add me to the "morse code" list. I've had tinnitus my entire life, and for the most part, it's been a consistent, high pitch tone that I'm used to since it's all I know. But for the last 9 days, I've had this morse code, changing of tone going on in my right ear. I suspect it may have been triggered by sitting near a loud speaker at a wedding, but I've been in much louder settings before without having my T get any worse. It certainly sucks.

19. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Great, i have a wedding soon.. Wish me luck and for my morse code to keep the peace!

20. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Hows your morsecode, still firing away?

21. Art Vandalay

Art Vandalay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1979
      Good luck! Hopefully you don't end up at one of those tables near the speakers. Those tables are the worst.

22. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Lol ohh indeed i will be. Front and center. I am in the wedding party! Actually think im in the front but off to the side so pray for me! Good thing is i smoke so i will be taking frequent smoke breaks at least to get away from the noise

23. Art Vandalay

Art Vandalay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1979
      Maybe you'll luck out and the music/speakers will be somewhat off to the side and not too close to your table at the front. I've seen that setup before. Either way, have fun and good luck.

24. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Thankyou! Yes that would be good. Gonna just plug my ears up and have fun and hope for the best. Nothing else i can do..and cant avoid this wedding.

25. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      any update on the morse code?

I too am experiencing this but the morse code is not high pitched, it's like a cricket making a sound every 3 seconds. Chirping almost, hard to describe...

26. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Ive noticed the metalic bells swayin sound i usually have along with a hiss changes to the morse code beep i have like today its just the morse code very faintly under the hiss and the other sound is gone. I wonder why it changes like that its so weird after 7months i wish my ears would just pick a sound and stick with it!

27. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      The morse code is in my right ear only and I also hear bells along with it!

• Hug Hug x 1
    28. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah i dont think the bells are too bad, it litterly sounds like metallic jingle bells. There gone for today tho but they will be back like always! It covers up the morsecode in my right ear so its then like a steady noise.

29. Shannon

Shannon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Does anyone still come to this site? I have horrible post nasal drip and earlier today the beeping started. I thought it was coming from outside at first then realized it was my right ear. I was thinking about going to the dr tonight but I'm gonna wait it out and see how it is in the morning it only beeps when I talk and sometimes when others talk. Hope it goes away

30. RileyGirl

RileyGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2112
      Did anyone find a cure for this type? I've had it for five years - it's in response to sound. I don't hear it when it's quiet. The doctor put mean xanax which has quoted it somewhat but I still hear it. Loud noises, running water, laughter, etc. drive it crazy and it starts going nuts with the typewriter sound.