MRI With Severe Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Support' started by Street Spirit, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      America is greedy

2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, the poor will suffer...Over you anyone can get it, even the homeless.

3. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Danny Boy

Yes they do a lot of MRI's here, I have had most of my body MRI ed at one point or another, I gues it give's the doc a better picture then a CAT scan. But I have had a bunch of those as well.

I'm sure you will have one soon enough, your still young.

Louie

4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      It doesn't give you the cancer-stimulating levels of radiation a CT gives. There are some research question-marks concerning magnetic fields and memory loss though. Given the choice I'd take the MRI.

5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I don't need one really...Trobalt and keppra are keeping my tinnitus really low.

6. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had three MRI and a CT. but mine was because of other neurological symptoms suggesting mine is T coming from the brain. A second CT was just for the ears and that showed thin bone over the superior canal as in SCDS but no actual dehiscence. But they do not think my symptoms are from that. I fell from a second story building, landing on my head on cold concrete when I was six years old because I had a patch over my eye for strabismus so did not see that the railing I was leaning on did not go the full length of the floor. I walked along leaning on it until the railing came to an end I plummeted to the ground. My mother has long suspected this as a cause of many of my health issues. My spine is twisted in a bit of a mangle but cannot be straightened as it grew this way probably from the fall. And at that time we were miles from anywhere with no phone and I just slept it off. I wear a per ant splint in my mouth to hold my crooked jaw in the right place as without it my jaw slips around and cracks and then gets stuck so I cannot open or close my mouth. My brother once said when I was a child: "someday that's going to make your husband very happy." :p

7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Street Spirit
      Sorry if it's been already discussed but did you end up trying Keppra for H?