MSG and Soy Sauce

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bobbie7, Feb 18, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      I had Chinese food tonight and put two packets of soy sauce in it and now I have this high-pitched sound in my right ear rather than the hissing/shhh-ing. I am thinking that either the soy sauce or the MSG (probably the latter now that I think about it) has intensified and altered the sound I am now hearing. Has anyone else found this to be the case. I suppose it may be difficult to pin-point each and every ingredient which we consume with our food unless we try it. Then again, I have had this food and additive in the past with no negative results but now it appears I am having these or might it be from something else? I find the T malady so strange and mysterious as there seem to be countless variations from person to person.

2. Ron Robles
      Insomnious

Ron Robles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 4 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi Bobbie , yes that will do it , tinnitus is a crazy thing , I also watch what I eat , soy sauce has a lot of salt , that will do it ,

3. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      Thanks for your reply Ron. Now I see that salt and caffeine in coffee must be avoided; I had always heavily salted my foods and drank several cups of coffee a day previously but can no longer. Best wishes.

4. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006

That is a good question. I can't remember. Part of me does not want to experiment, though part of me does, just to find out.