My Big Mistake: Shooting a .380 Pistol at an Indoor Range without Proper Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MyBigMistake, May 3, 2022.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MyBigMistake

MyBigMistake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Melatonin actually seems to help. I think I may use that some.

I'm so lucky that I work from home, so I can control the noise exposure around me.

Thank you, Michael.

While I still have the tinnitus, I am starting to feel much less achy. And today is the day I've taken the least amount of Prednisone (two 5 mg for a total of 10 mg), which means it is just now beginning to wear off and leave my system. It almost seems as though the Prednisone might have been preventing recovery.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You are welcome MyBigMistake.

Take things slowly and carry on with your life the best that you can. Unless you are oversensitive to certain sounds or experiencing hyperacusis, try to go out and don't be afraid of normal everyday sounds in the environment. Noise reducing earplugs can help with oversensitivity sound but they shouldn't be used too often. More about this is explained in my post: Hyperacusis, As I See It.

I am confident that you will habituate in time. Since you are able to work this is something positive, so try to accentuate the positive things in your life and what you're able to do and you'll feel a lot better about many things.

I wish you well,
      Michael