My Current Day

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, May 31, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I woke up after an hour of sleep in the night with louder ringing and pain, had a feeling it was a spike but didn't give a damn, tried to go back to sleep and did so.

Two hours later it wakes me up again, the pain is intense and ringing spiked bad again...

Couldn't believe how much this happens during the day but why while asleep for no reason..

Was going ballistic on why this always happens. My mom had to calm me down so I just laid in bed taking this pain and ringing like I do every day and telling myself it's just going to get worse again like always...

Couple of hours later I accidentally nap, 10 minutes later I wake up to another spike, mostly on the right ear but this was a weird increase, it was a full on all ear, no hearing spike, I couldn't believe it again.

I swear I just wanted to give up, I took a long breath and tinnitus got worse, left me in shock and I opened my mouth wide and it shot up some more idk what the heck is going on with me.

My tinnitus is just destroying me... my ears or system are just failing on me daily.

It's very hard to take so frequently...

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Geo, we talked about this on another thread you posted...

Thought any more about getting short-term meds to help with the anxiety? As well as looking at longer-term solutions (meditatation, cognitive behavioral therapy) that will continue to help when you stop the meds? My experience is when you are in the throes of anxiety, your house is on fire, You can't properly deal with tinnitus until you put out the fire.

Sorry you are having such a difficult time. Hope things get better for you soon. Anxiety is miserable.

3. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      im sorry you are having to go through this, stay strong the body has to start healing itself eventually.
      have you had anyone competent (if that even exists) check you out?
      if you dont mind me asking, i think you mentioned shooting a gun, was that the reason your t got worse, or is that what caused it in the first place?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I have no anxiety most of the time im more just pissed at the situation, not so much freaked out this is too common to me...i just suck it up till till i cant anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @Geo did you try the Xanax? Obviously doing nothing isn't working out :(

6. I don't believe you should continue to suffer like this. You said you were a gym rat, perhaps this is related to your neck. Have you ever sought help from a Chiro or PT? Regardless of your anxiety why not try a med for the pain at least? Isn't it better tham doing nothing like @Chelles said?

Again I would suggest flexeril or amitriptyline. I mean there ARE meds that help with H and T and pain...

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      So some idiots on the street behind us decide to launch fireworks in the air for the second straight day .... Just wow

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Geo. It's disheartening to see you in a place which is full of trepidation. I just hope you pull through and wish I could do or say more. I just wish you all the best and if you ever wanna talk, I'm here for you buddy.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Im going to need a miracle to see next year .. My ears/brain are just giving out on me..everyday is something new some new spike some new changing tone some new increase more pain my days are just torture .. I would give my two legs just for regular mild T...

• Hug Hug x 2
    10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Have you completely stopped the k?