My Dearest Tinnitus Sufferers — I'm Torn Apart — I Want to End This Waking Nightmare

Discussion in 'Support' started by Allan1967, Nov 13, 2018.

1. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Three options.

1) It settles
      2) It doesn't settle, but you get used to it
      3) It doesn't settle, and you will live in living hell for the rest of your life

Third option is the least likely.

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Why not go to korea and try Dr. Minbo's treatment?

• Genius Genius x 1
    3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Have you started seeing someone about CBT? Have you talked to your wife about how your feeling?

Seeing how intensely this is effecting you, I suggest taking some time off of work and trying to destress and focus on getting help that can reduce the anxiety / depression related to your tinnitus.

4. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What treatment is that?

5. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      This is a very long shot but try Pycnogenol supplement...just make sure it is from the real French pine...not the cheaper Chinese version.
      I'm currently experimenting with it...it is supposed to have regenerative properties to the ear.
      Should take about 14 days to a month to see any improvement..about 150+mg per day (3x 50mg would be ideal, so it is in your system at all time)

https://amazingwellnessmag.com/features/common-ear-problems

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Doctor in Seoul injecting some growth factor into eardrums. Claims to cure hearing loss and tinnitus. I'm trying to get an appointment.

7. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Make sure its legit before you waste your time and money.

8. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Your brain is in a super-defence (panic) mode and the emotions you feel are making your situation worse. As soon as these emotions get under control (and they will) you'll start feeling a lot better. The brain is a powerful thing and trust me, when you settle slowly but surely, you will notice that you will be feeling way better.

9. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      What options are you talking about? No one will want option 3. Death will be a better option.

10. devilinthedust

devilinthedust Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden loud noise exposure
      First, let me say how sorry I am for your current situation. Spikes and changes in our condition are never easy. No doubt there will be many, many times that most of us will have to adjust to a change. Having said that, Suicide is Never the answer. I understand your pain, I truly do, even though I'm fairly new to this nightmare. The pain that you would cause those people who love you, would in all likelihood be insurmountable for them. They love you, and even though they may understand your pain, they really have no clue, and I hope they never do. The only way to understand it, is to experience it, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody. You are their father and their husband, and as much pain as you may be enduring, all they see is you. To the outside world, most of us appear absolutely normal. They may be able to understand from a intellectual way why you did it, but their heart will never understand it. Give it some time. Victories in this war come one day at a time. That's all we have, today. Find a way to get through it, and let the future take care of itself.

• Like Like x 1