My Head Fills Up With White Noise Right Before Sleep

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tintintin, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Tintintin

Tintintin Member

Hey,

I don't think this has anything to do with my mild' tinnitus' in the right ear.

Right before sleep, or when I'm just in the sleeping stages, my head suddenly fills up with massive white noise. It is similar to the white noise from the TV. Just imagine all that noise melted inside your head. It gets so high that you can't hear anything from the world around, it may last for 5-10 seconds, but it's scary. You feel paralysed. Sometimes I can't even open my eyes or move my body. You are trying to get this sound away, but have no control.

What is this?

2. Craig in Cali
      Spaced

Craig in Cali Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Someone screaming
      Sounds not very fun. Sorry you go through that. T is bad enough. The more I live and read, the more I realize how imperfect the body is. It can also operate with quite a bit out of whack. Like a car with an oil leak, slipping fan belts, low tire pressure, bad paint, and a bent frame....it still keeps running. But, oh the days I long to jump behind the wheel of the nice and new ride where everything works like it should.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

I'm only 18.

4. robinbird
      Fine

robinbird Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitch hearing loss, both ears, right is worse
      Hi, new to this wonderful site. My T started out as a roar in my right ear back this past February. Besides the struggle with the ear, I did notice sometimes a feeling like my entire head was being consumed by this pressure and loud noise. It really wasn't a noise in particular but an intrusive noise. I thought, blood pressure, something I ate, my body position in regards to my spine, or what? Since I came down with this t I have been sleeping with a heating pad sometimes I put it in my ear sometimes my neck. I am not sure what happened to me. At first I thought it was over bearing sound from a war movie in the cinema. Now I wonder if there was not fluid in the eustacian tube located behind the eardrum. Now I am getting a very soft breezy sound from the ear and crackling noise. I also think the spine is connected. Just guesses. Going to see an ent next week. Have you been to a doctor? One thing that happened to me was a week ago or so, I had a couple glasses of red wine and Chinese food. Well I thought my head was going to explode with pressure and loud noise. I could always eat Chinese and drink wine before no problem. I drank two glasses of water and it went away in a few hours. I have just been trying whatever it takes to cope with this.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is around when I got my first T/vision issues. I realize Craig's comment is shocking at 18, but, 18 is kind of the peak of physical well-being. "It's all down hill from here, kid!" I didn't really realize I was aging until I was more like 26, but in hindsight, I felt better physically at 18 than I have since, and I doubt if that's an uncommon feeling...

That said, I've had the same kind of loud-explosion sensations while right at the edge of sleep (either falling asleep, or right before waking). It can be shocking, but I don't think it's harmful. Google "exploding head syndrome" and see if that rings any bells.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

Oh my god :O

Googled "Exploding head syndrome" ... It completely describes how I am feeling.

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's super bizarre, and it can definitely be unpleasant! But it's apparently common and not dangerous. So, when it happens to me, I try to be curious about it and interested in it, rather than anxious.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Come on maaan! 18 you haven't even grown into your body physically. i was 39 when I was hit with T and felt easily as good as I did when I was 18. Unless you let yourself go to shit, 18 is just the start.

From what I ahve seen most pro athletes peak physically at 25-30 years of age.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overall I'm in much better shape than I was when I was 18, and in better health mentally by miles. But, my ability to heal tendons/ligaments now, compared to 18, is compromised...