My Left Ear Has Tinnitus and Hyperacusis, My Right Ear Is Popping

Discussion in 'Support' started by Frankie Nazzaro, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Frankie Nazzaro
      Depressed

Frankie Nazzaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      single gunshot
      I got tinnitus and hyperacusis in my left ear from noise induced trauma 2 weeks ago. While the symptoms seem to be slowly and slightly getting better, i noticed that my right hear sometimes starts popping on its own. It happens mostly when I'm waking up in the middle of the night from anxiety, and i know i have a habit of clenching my jaw while i sleep (had that problem my whole life) but it can sometimes happen in the day when I'm anxious (or maybe I only notice it when i'm feeling anxious/not on my xanax)

My ears also pop when I swallow, more noticeably in the right ear, but I feel like that could have been happening before I got tinnitus and hyperacusis though

I'm petrified that my right ear will randomly start ringing too, or that I'll start suffering from hyperacusis in that ear out of nowhere.. since my tinnitus and hyperacusis is noise induced is it possible for that to happen? my right ear is so far unaffected by ringing or hearing loss/fullness

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Frankie Nazzaro
      Depressed

Frankie Nazzaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      single gunshot
      Also I forgot to add that the "pops" are a few minutes apart and happen about 2-5 times before it stops

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Could be a sinus problem but also see your dentist to rule out TMJ and if it is then a mouth guard will help you over time.
      Love glynis x

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Frankie Nazzaro
      Depressed

Frankie Nazzaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      single gunshot
      Thank you for the response! I was going to see my dentist soon to get a mouth guard anyway because of how much I grind my teeth. Hopefully that helps!

• Like Like x 1
    5. LAnative
      Fine

LAnative Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Hey Frankie it’s been a couple months. I had a similar incident to your story and I’m wondering how you’re doing now

Thanks in advance