My Left Ear Is Totally Blocked Right Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hariz Nonis, May 6, 2016.

1. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Woke up in the middle of the night, because my left ear suddenly felt so clogged up. It's literally feeling like it suddenly got filled with something. I don't know if it's my ear canal or Eustachian Tube. I can't seem to open it up using the Valsalva, yet when I move my ear lobe around, it feels like it's affecting it too. All I remember is someone I know honked his motorcycle horn a few hours ago, but I wasn't standing in front of him, I was at least a metre away to his side. Not sure if that's got to do with it. I don't know what happened, and I really hope and pray that nothing will happen from this. Someone, please tell me anything you know of this matter.
      EDIT: I can still hear from my left side, which is a good thing.

2. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)
      Hey bud, totally understand your concern here, but I highly suspect that you'll be totally fine. Now that the pollen is out at its worst, I wake up with full and stuffed ears almost every morning. The two things I've found that help the best are inhaling steamy water through the nose and going for a run. (Going for a run is the best. It totally unclogs my ears for me most of the time, but I hate treadmills, so running outside is a two sided sword because of the pollen. Sometimes it works, then sometimes it doesn't.)

I have been EXTREMELY stressed lately so my T is especially nasty because of that, but I've found that fluid in my ear almost never worsens my T, even temporarily *Knock on wood*

Hang in there bud. It's highly likely that this will pass and be you'll be back to baseline in no time. If things suddenly get worse, your hearing gets worse, or your T suddenly spikes like crazy, you should go to see a doctor. But I've had fluid in my ears at least 50% of this year and it hasn't worsened my issues....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      give it a few days, don't panic. If your ear still feels bad, then go and see an ear, nose, throat doctor. a honk from a motorcycle is somewhat loud, but the duration of the honk should not do lots of damage. Just give it a few days, ears getting clogged up can be from allergies, water/fluid buildup in ears. Things will be ok :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @SteveSkis92 @fishbone
      Thanks guys, I really hope things will be fine for me. I am just hoping it doesn't affect my hearing in any way once it goes away. My left ear literally feels like it's a vacuum right now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Have a dr look at your ear in case you have an infection ...

Perhaps try steam inhalation to unblock your sinuses ..

Magnesium might help if you have muscle spasm?

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My jaw does spasm from time to time. Might be a TMJ issue, but I don't know.