My Left Ear Started Yesterday This Low Humming or Ringing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by katriina, Mar 8, 2014.

1. katriina
      Frustrated

katriina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      It sounds like that noise what comes from fridge sometimes... I wouldn't say that it is LOUD but I can hear it ALL THE TIME ???? I can't mask it with anything!! I hope it is just a spike because I have stress and I smoked yesterday like 3 cigarettes... Could it be just a spike? I have never experienced anything like this and this drives me totally crazy!!! I'm now in the car and still I hear low humming/ringing... aaargh!!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      katriina
      Frustrated

katriina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I read that low ringing (this is not normal high ringing or normal humming that I know some people have!)can be caused by tight muscles or something?? I noticed also that my left hand has been numb for a little while nowadays, it started like four days ago? I'm not sure if those have anything incommon but this worries me a lot!

3. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Katriina,

I had the same issue 1 week ago, when I came home from work. Besides the high hissing sound, I had also
      a humming sound, like the fridge. I guess it came from the hummling sound of a airconditioner right next
      to the room. Sometimes I thing, the lower of both Tinnitus does "memorize" some sounds. A few days ago, when
      my gf used the electric teethbrush, my humming was after that exactly the same....
      So quite scarry... at the moment I have a 600Hz pitched sound....

I hope your humming goes away or to another frequency again... ohhhhh what's in our brains..

Greets tomytl

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      katriina
      Frustrated

katriina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      @tomytl Tell me about it, what's going with our brains!?!? If I hold my nose and blow, I feel like this left ear is a little stuffy? Blah can I just cut my ears off and live without them, life would be much easier... :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
    5. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Katriina,
      I feel right now very nervouse...my heart is pulsing and my condition is worsening parallel.... I am very angry to my situation.
      Now I will take a shower to mask this noise, after that I have to work some hours, then I will come home and take some betablockers and look if this help.
      It's really terrible today... Have you also been busy and stressed today?
      Hope you are getting better soon....
      Hug, tomytl

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      katriina
      Frustrated

katriina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      @tomytl I feel exactly same today, I'm nervous and I can't pay focus on anything and I just want some relief in this situation... I have now VERY stressful period in my life going on and feeling that I'm alone with this doesn't help at all..... Can't stand if I have to handle this noise the rest of my life!

I hope your day will be better than it is now!

7. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Katriina,
      how are you today? How is your humming?
      I told you, this night I took some betablocker (inderal) so I could sleep. When I woke up,
      there was in both ears a penetrant high pitched T.... 8-9 khz.
      I went to the shower again for a short masking, but now I am in bed again with the T....

Hmmm, tomorrow some acupunture, maybe it helps defocussing again.

All the best
      tomytl

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      katriina
      Frustrated

katriina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      @tomytl Blah, it's still humming and driving me crazy.... It's that kind of the sound I can't mask with anything!!! Let me know how your acupuncture is working, I'm also considering that treatment... Is it very expensive and how long you have to go there?

9. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Katriina,

I'm so very sorry you can't mask it with something. I really hope this humming will leave you very quickly :huganimation:
      I have been to acupunctur once and it made me really defocusing and also sleepy. Tommorow, there is my next
      session, I will go there at 11 am. It's about 1 hours and about 10 needles all over the body, about 2 behind the
      ears and 2 further ones in the head. You are laying under a red heat lamp.
      I will tell you tomorrow.

At the moment it's a kind of highpitch T time, the humming is higher today, at about 600 Hz and very diffuse.
      But today I had some attacks in some frequences, but they went away in a few minutes again.
      Still my 8khz terror, where I experience the most hearing loss.

Suffering with you
      tomytl