My Life As I Knew It Is Gone

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinizzy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys,

Some might remember me. I disappeared for a while. Because tinnitus wasn't my biggest issue anymore.

Right now it's almost 4 months ago that I noticed I had tinnitus. My world collided and I was feeling very very anxious and depressed.

Tinnitus went into the back of my mind because I was struggling with other anxieties.

Right now: my life has taken some major U-turns. I just broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years (I put everything of myself into it to make it work. Because all I wanted was the happy ever after...) Appeared I gave way too much.

Also I'm having a gap year atm and I need to write my thesis. I don't know what I want to do with my life. Am i doing the right study?

I feel so extremely rock bottom. Don't know where to see the light. So I am hoping there is someone here who can convince me my life will be better, also with tinnitus. Cause I can't do it anymore. All I want is some peace and happiness...

Please give me some hope, cause it truly feels like there is none.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Joe4
      Busy

Joe4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      @Tinizzy All I can I say is don't worry, I've had T for a shorter amount of time than you but I feel everyday is progress made. Also in the process of choosing what to study at university, from what I understand it doesn't matter what you study exactly, it's the skills you gain from being able to study so as long as you yourself are interested I don't think you are going far wrong.

Best wishes and it will get easier
      Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. butterfly75
      No Mood

butterfly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Your life will be better, I promise. If you're at rock bottom, there's no where to else to go. You can only go up. And things will be much easier.

Tinnitus will fade to the back of your mind again. It's the source of you anxiety right now, and it's what you're focused on. Tell yourself: "I don't know how my life is going to go. Many unexpected things have happened, and they might happen again. I might be studying a major I'll regret. But I don't regret it right now, so I'm going to keep studying it. My life might spiral out of control. But I know what's happening right now. And that's all that matters. I will get through this day, and I'll get through the next day when I get to it." Get through each day, day by day. Don't even worry about the next day. Just focus on getting through this day. That's all you need to do. Worrying about the future will make you feel worse, but don't feel guilty, because all humans do this. Your brain is designed to think, so sometimes those thoughts spiral out of control. But don't feel guilty for these scary, upsetting thoughts. Allow yourself to have these thoughts, don't push them to back of your mind. Acknowledge them and remind yourself that you might not be able to foresee what will happen in the future, but you know what is happening right now.

Tinnitus struck me with immense anxiety and panic when I first realized I had it as well. You went through this before, you will get through this again. Remember: anxiety can't last forever. It has to fade away sometime. It will fade away, I promise. And tinnitus will retreat into the back of your mind again. You'll be able to live a normal life again. Surround yourself with family members and friends and explain these thoughts and worries to them. Don't keep your worries bottled up inside. You're not alone, and many people have gone through the same thing you've gone through, and came out of it. It can be really hard sometimes, but you can get through this. There is hope, even though it's difficult to find right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Tinizzey, The emotional turmoil that you're describing, which includes being insecure about your future, your disappointment about the relationship breakup, etc., all of these things are perfectly normal for a person your age and you will get through it. The fact that you are experiencing anxiety and other emotions about things other than your tinnitus, may be a good sign that you're getting over the tinnitus anxiety - which is a bittersweet way to recover, but it means that you're making progress. These bad feelings will pass, it just takes time. You can try some self-help, and there are many good books, and other resources, to help resolve your problems. If you feel that you hit rock bottom, there's no place else to go but up, and you will, I'm sure of it. Best wishes, and I hope you feel better very soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I dont how to cope. Seriously, its too much. Im also so afraid I wont habituate to the T.. I cant take this.. I dream about my ex every night. I want him back, eventhough I know its probably better this way. I evolved my whole life around him.. My heart is so empty and broken

• Hug Hug x 1