My Name Is Robert Mikell and I Have Had Tinnitus Since Getting Inner Ear Shots (3) for Meniere's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robert5, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Robert5

Robert5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menearie's Disease
      Does anyone else have problems when getting a hearing test? I am on number 300+ (exaggerated a bit) and I tell the same story every time. I cannot hear the test signals (beeps) because my Tinnitus is blaring about the same frequency constantly. I have a new audiologist wanting to start out with a hearing test on Monday. I do not have a positive outlook for this either! Anyone else have problems with the hearing test?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      My tinnitus is intrusive and very loud. My hearing is profoundly horrible and I hate hearing tests. The ringing is so loud that its a nightmare hearing the lower end beeps on the tests. It is -what it is, my hearing is poor and my ears are damaged. Life goes on. For some going and getting a hearing test can be stressful and nerve wrecking. I use to be one of them. Now if do go in and have one, I already know that my hearing test results will be horrible, so I don't even get anxious anymore.

My ears are very poor and they are my weakness, but I use my strengths to counter my weakness... In life we have weaknesses and strengths. Use your strengths and shine above the weakness...

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Dylan Blake
      Predatory

Dylan Blake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 27 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Greetings Robert the 5th, Welcome to the land of BZ, I regret inform You missed the land OZ by a few hundred miles... or so.

Well I too had difficulty with My hearing test lucky for Me, My the fellow doing My test changed the frequency to something I was able to discern, unfortunately it solved nothing in regards to My Tinnitus, I've been told recently that it is in fact a subjective Tinnitus with no explanation as to the cause.

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma