My Personal Story About Tinnitus Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Ser, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Why not?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Eib

Eib Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      People posting success stories do so to promote positivity. I dont think it needs someone to shoot it down? It doesnt really help anyone?

• Like Like x 5
    3. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      Loving these recovery stories. I've had T for exactly a month now. It sucks, my life currently really sucks, haven't slept at all this month. But, naturopath gave me some interesting meds and assures me I'll make a good recovery.

We shall see.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Faizaan A.
      Curious

Faizaan A. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/30/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma/stress induced
      Same. My eeeee started a month ago, also due to acoustic trauma (an ambulance drove by me on a narrow city street and the echoes intensified the siren). I've been hearing a high-pitched tone (around 13.5k) and a static similar to the really old TV's the author of this thread commented on. I hope that my recovery will be similar to his, but I'm focused on habituating to the sound.

Hopefully, on my road to habituation if it just goes away, then that would just be splendid, but this post definitely gives me hope!

5. Nate Croteau

Nate Croteau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/27/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Trauma
      Thank you so much for this article, it gives me hope.
      I've had noise enduced Tinnitus for about 3 months now and all the horror stories online have made me very paranoid. Likek people who've had it for 20+ years and there's no cure, not to mention the suicidal cases.
      I'm on 35 and mine happend at work after firing some concrete pins in a tight corner. I had fullness in my ear and used earplugs to sleep. When I woke up the next day and pulled out the earplugs, which really hurt. The Tinnitus immediately began in my left ear. At first it was very high pitched and single tonal. But now, 3 months later, it has calmed down quite a bit. I even wake up with virtual silence, only a mild his, but regular activity and noise throughout the day will aggravate it back into a few different sounds including a ring, although much quieter than onset, a whooshing, and a buzzing sound. All which are fairly mild and only noticeable in a quiet room or when I wear earplugs at work and when I go to bed at night. I find that excersise really seems to help as well as vitamins and a healthy diet. My hearing has also improved which is odd despite the Tinnitus. I'm hoping that one day soon it will subside completely. I definitely will never take my hearing for granted again and will always take measures to protect myself from noise enduced hearing loss from now on. God Bless. ~Nate Croteau

• Like Like x 4
    6. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Thanks for sharing this.

7. Florap

Florap Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 16 20017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea yet
      Well on august 16 2017 (almost 2 day now)is when mine started, pretty loud. and my hearing got bad only in my left ear. Over night this happend to me! I'm scared shitless!! I need to read stories with happy ending right now. I haven't even gone to a ent doc yet. I plan to by this week. I did go to the ER tonight and they sent me home with a diagnosis for tinnitus along with a prescription for some anti anxiety meds! The weird thing is I've heard this before. I was on my porch at night and I heard a steady ring. I thought maybe it was too quiet so I went inside and watched tv till I fell asleep then totally forgot about it by the morning, And it's happend a few times just like that now that I remember. I'm so scared. Right now I hear something like wind. But I hear a steady ring other times. For now I'm just gonna try to ignore it and try to get that appointment ASAP.

8. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      I can relate to that "wind" sound. :D only on my left ear. Wish you well!

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Congrats dude. I think distractions help healing tremendously. Focusing on it is the worst. Stress and Anxiety are killers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      You are extremely lucky my friend.

11. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Read this again as my T seems to be more obvious then before. Gives great hope. I am on my 3rd month.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1